Sign in to follow this  
bradc

Insurance for my 850CSi

I was really surprised to find out that they would insure me for $1220 a year at a declared value of $40k, especially considering I'm 23!

I have two other cars with them though, one a Legnum ST-R non turbo V6 2.5 which is $620 a year, and my VR-4 which is insured for $15k + $15k of mods and that costs me about $1200 a year.

The company is pioneer insurance in case anyone is wondering, and they are based in Napier.

sh*t, that is GOOD. I was quoted $850 a year by one place to insure my 325i and that was after the girl on the phone consulted with her superiors!

In the end I got full cover for $380 a year from State....phew!

That's extremely good. If you don't mind, what's the excess?

Personally haven't had a super good quote like this from Pioneer... they were pretty pricey for me. Probably because your car is rare?

Called them for a quote on my e30 M3 (for when it's road legal) and checked their policy wordings while i was on the phone to them.

Looks like they only do a market value cover so you may not get the price you specify when you take out the cover.. Basically they pay you either the market value you give them when you start the insurance OR the market value at time of loss, whichever is the lesser value.

they have to get back to me via email due to the mods on the car, lol.

Laurence.

Edited by Old_Skool_Bmw

vero are good,but that doesnt mean they are cheap.I have excellent service from them twice now.

$600 excess, which isn't bad either. Both the 850CSi and Legnum VR-4 are at agreed values

Nice.State wouldn,t do that(agreed value) with either of my cars,time for a change me feels...

$600 excess, which isn't bad either. Both the 850CSi and Legnum VR-4 are at agreed values

Is that from PioneerInsurance?? Not trying to question you but I work in insurance and had a look at their policy wordings. Looks like a market value insurance.. IJust celled them to check and they do Market value insurance.

BTW they wouldn't insure me due to mods on the e30M3..

See link below for their policy wordings:

http://www.pioneerinsurance.co.nz/Download...icy_M060707.pdf

Page 4:

"“Market Valueâ€

Means the retail value of the Vehicle immediately before the loss or

damage."

Page 6:

"If Your Vehicle is economic to repair We will repair it as set out below. If it is uneconomic to repair, We will

settle Your claim as a total loss as set out below. We will decide which one applies. We may elect to first

If We decide to pay You its market value:

Ø We will advise You of our best estimation of the market

value of Your Vehicle at the date of the loss or damage.

Ø You may provide alternative valuations which We may agree

to accept."

Looks like a Market Value insurance to me.

Laurence.

I made sure when I spoke to them that I would be paid out for the value of the car, plus the value of all of the modifications, I may need to check with them again. Thats for the VR-4, the 850CSi is stock so it is only the market value of the car, which I stated was $40k, and I doubt they'd be able to find another one for sale anyway!

Sweet as bro!

Alawya a good idea to note down when you called them etc.. They will have the calls on file so IF you ever need to get the pulled (listened to). Im picking if you did the declaration etc verbally then they have to stand by whatever they told you when you signed up.

I had heaps of trouble with the e30M3. Trying to tell me it was a M325i etc etc..

Laurence.