Sign in to follow this  
MADBMA

Failed warrant

went in for a warrant last week, and apparently my front brake hoses are cracked badly, i hoisted it up and they look ok to me, but who am i to argue with vtnz.

cars a 94 E36 318is 2door manual.

i rang the stealer and they wanted $108 for each hose, alot more then i was expecting, anyone else got a good set of second hand ones? or a cheaper option for new ones?

cheers, Troy

went in for a warrant last week, and apparently my front brake hoses are cracked badly, i hoisted it up and they look ok to me, but who am i to argue with vtnz.

cars a 94 E36 318is 2door manual.

i rang the stealer and they wanted $108 for each hose, alot more then i was expecting, anyone else got a good set of second hand ones? or a cheaper option for new ones?

cheers, Troy

Try BnT, I paid ~$30ea for E30 ones

Try BnT, I paid ~$30ea for E30 ones

thanx ill give em a call sometime today, ive never had much luck with them thoe, last time i tried to get parts from them they gave me the wrong part and everytime i went back theyd replace it with another wrong part, then said they couldnt help me.

If you don't know the part, see if you can remove the hose yourself and get an exact copy.

Or, just give it a clean under the guards etc, and take back for a recheck? [if you think its still safe]

Good point, check there isnt any excess fluid around the hoses - if there is, clean and dry it up and take it back for a re-check, also the hoses may not look cracked at first glance, bend them and then you will have a clearer idea.

I know your not in Auckland, but give Euro Italian a call 09 444 9817 (if you dont trust BNT) or 'Trade Parts' 09 444 0901 - either should be able to courier them down to ya

Aftermarket hoses are fine and are around $30 each, but there really isnt much point getting second hand ones...

called BNT $58.90 for each hose, the way the warrant guy described the hose as badly cracked wouldve had me believe its completely deteriated and leaking, but theres only hair line fractures on a small bend of the pipe, no fluids leaking at all, when this weather clears up maybe ill see if i can polish them out, a bit of black shoe polish should fill in any little cracks ha ha, i probably shouldnt be so cheap and replace the hoses as they basically are the difference between life and death.

Pay for postage and I`ll send you some free as new second-hand ones, I usually don`t bother keeping them. Call it a Bimmerspoprt discount.

Regards Ray

0212HELLBM

called BNT $58.90 for each hose, the way the warrant guy described the hose as badly cracked wouldve had me believe its completely deteriated and leaking, but theres only hair line fractures on a small bend of the pipe, no fluids leaking at all, when this weather clears up maybe ill see if i can polish them out, a bit of black shoe polish should fill in any little cracks ha ha, i probably shouldnt be so cheap and replace the hoses as they basically are the difference between life and death.

As Gus said brakes = life

The WOF people look at those "hair line fractures" and think its 6 months before they may get looked at again (when you get your next WOF) by then they would have perished more...dont be stingey when it comes to brakes! Take Ray up on his offer or call around a few aftermarket car parts places in your area

Pay for postage and I`ll send you some free as new second-hand ones, I usually don`t bother keeping them. Call it a Bimmerspoprt discount.

Regards Ray

0212HELLBM

damn shouldve looked on here earlyer and i wouldve taken you up on the offer, was in repco today and managed to pick up new ones for 49.95 each so better then BNT, put them in tomorrow, thanks for ya help guys.