Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

Electric seat issue

Guest 540Si

Hi

I have what I think is a case of "cable slipped off pulley" in the passenger side recaro - and was wondering how best to tackle sorting it out. The backrest moves unevenly (twists) when moved fwd or back.

If someone could outline the basic procedure I'd be grateful, before I get all nasty with it and do something I regret.

And in the interest of knowing how much time to set aside for the job, does the seat need to come out of the car?

Cheers!

Si

Hi

I have what I think is a case of "cable slipped off pulley" in the passenger side recaro - and was wondering how best to tackle sorting it out. The backrest moves unevenly (twists) when moved fwd or back.

If someone could outline the basic procedure I'd be grateful, before I get all nasty with it and do something I regret.

And in the interest of knowing how much time to set aside for the job, does the seat need to come out of the car?

Cheers!

Si

i have some semi stuffed leather std seats that you could use bits out of if you need .

Guest 540Si

i have some semi stuffed leather std seats that you could use bits out of if you need .

Ta Brent

I found a helpful site today detailing the likely cause and some possible solutions so I'll get onto it (probably on the weekend) and might get back to you.

I did want to ask about parts from that 530 you're parting out too. My heater pump is knackered and am keen to get a good one amongst other bits too like another window washer reservoir complete with the little pump for it too.

Cheers!

Ta Brent

I found a helpful site today detailing the likely cause and some possible solutions so I'll get onto it (probably on the weekend) and might get back to you.

I did want to ask about parts from that 530 you're parting out too. My heater pump is knackered and am keen to get a good one amongst other bits too like another window washer reservoir complete with the little pump for it too.

Cheers!

have most parts . on the shelf as well .

Guest 540Si

have most parts . on the shelf as well .

OK and you'd recommend BM Warehouse again for new stuff like that?

Fixed many of these. easy fix usually no new parts needed. I have 3 540`s and have wrecked 2 so no shortage of parts if needed.

Call if I can help with anything.

Regards Ray

0212HELLBM

seat twist well known...ussually the cable outer needs to be shortened so the cable itself can engage the drive again

Guest 540Si

Fixed many of these. easy fix usually no new parts needed. I have 3 540`s and have wrecked 2 so no shortage of parts if needed.

Call if I can help with anything.

Regards Ray

0212HELLBM

Cheers Ray that sounds great. Will definitely get in touch if I need bits for this. Have seen a cable outer shortening solution on the net, so will hope that's all I need.

Might have to hit you up about some other bits and pieces (and advice!) for my 540 too.

Cheers

Si

Guest 540Si

seat twist well known...ussually the cable outer needs to be shortened so the cable itself can engage the drive again

Ta, that's reassuring to hear that I'm probably on the right track.

Cheers!