Sign in to follow this  
raghav misra

Ceiling fabric sagging...Help !!

Hi Everyone,

The fabric on the on the ceiling in my BMW 323i has sagged for some reason. The car is a fresh import. 1997 year. The cheapest quote i have got to have this fixed is $400 + gst. I am in the Wellington region. Can anyone suggest the best place to have this fixed for a good price.

I have only had the car for 7 months. Advice will be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sounds terrible, but using a staple gun wisely can save you some money

do it yourself, theres a write up in the tutorials just dont use the glue stated as its not heat resistant, use kwik grip instead, wish someone would change that.

That's a pretty high price. There are some people on here who have done it for less. I think $300 GST included would be about right, and you should be able to get it done for less.

I did mine myself but would not try again, just not worth my effort. Get an expert to do it right, worth the $. For what it's worth, the glue is still holding up and it's been almost 3 years. The glue I used was 3M Hi-Strength 90 spray adhesive, it cost me around $27 per can at the time. To do the headliner, I believe I used 2-3 cans.

People have tried using 3M 77 spray adhesive, that one does not hold for long.

If you are a fan of the black M-Tech/M3 headlining and pillars, use this opportunity to do so.

I am against the staple gun method, it will show... just not my thing.

Most probably no help to you but for those of you in Auck I sell hoodliners for $100

Ray

0212HELLBM