Sign in to follow this  
madandy

The madsedan

Taken a few weeks to make the time to snap some pics. New wheels & tyres, shortshifter and audio system fitted.

Colour coding of bump strips yet to happen + new headlights/indicators, exhaust & intake.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

She drives well and I enjoy the flexible nature of the engine. Some more top end urge would be welcome though ;P

I'm really digging the second shot!

Tidy ride mate, well done!

Nice car man! Cool pics.

Are those m5 rims? Please tell me if I'm a n00b.

Some more top end urge would be welcome though ;P

Replace the intake with an E28 535 one (I think) as it doesn't have the restrictor the 328i had. Also the restrictor in the air cleaner housing. Those mods give you 15-20 hp straight away apparently according to Rob at Bavarian.

I'm really digging the second shot!

Tidy ride mate, well done!

Cheers JP.

Looks Good Andy.

I'm enjoying the euro ride :)

Nice car man! Cool pics.

Are those m5 rims? Please tell me if I'm a n00b.

Thanks dude.

The rims are indeed M5. Replicas though, in E36 fitment, from Route Replica Company.

I love that leather!

Is it NZ new?

Leather rocks! Imported with 10k on the clock in 2000 from S.A.

loving the leather, and 18 button obc

Replace the intake with an E28 535 one (I think) as it doesn't have the restrictor the 328i had. Also the restrictor in the air cleaner housing. Those mods give you 15-20 hp straight away apparently according to Rob at Bavarian.

Awesome, thanks. Where is the main restrictor? The aircleaner housing one I've found already :)

cheers all

Andy

Neat as a pin.

To clarify...the inlet manifold you want is from the earlier e36 m50 powered 325 or the 525.

Your manifold dosnt have a restricter its just small! and 15 to 20 hp is rather optomistic.

My guess is maybe 10hp and a little less torque below 3000.

Works a treat on a short geared 328 but maybe not so well on an auto.

Main difference is that it dosnt slow past 5500 just keeps reving to 6500.

Would be a shame to lose the low end grunt she has but as long as the mid range up didn't suffer - it'd be much like the engine's we're used to...but without the 8500rpm ceiling...The clutch feels like it hasn't got a loong life left in it...might take that opportunity to lose the dual mass flywheel!

Good idea!!

Have a ferret around and see if you can find a valve looking thingy on the clutch line.

Its a clutch delay valve and slows the release of the clutch. If its there get rid of it and the clutch should feel snappier.

What ever you do dont let the clutch slip too much, will destroy your flywheel!!

Took some pics this avo to show the new headlights, 35% tints & colour coded bump strips. Lowering 30mm or so will happen once we settle on the right combination of dampers & springs, early in the new year some time.

Posted Image

I know some don't like these due to them being non OEM looking but Sharon wanted them & I reckon they look ok.

Posted Image

There's a new custom muffler down there. Subtle as hell but with a warm note.

Posted Image

I think an M3 front bumper would go nicely...

Posted Image

Edited by madandy

Looks good.

Where did you get the headlights?

Man,wish my girlfriend encouraged modding of car.

Bahahaha! everyone hates these lights, lol.

I agree to a point - they are kinda similar to the altezza style tails that I also dislike but the OEM type with nice new, clear lenses & angel eye rings are beautiful and we'd have gladly spent the extra for them but the stupid corner lights are only semi clear, look tacked on, & don't integrate if ya know what I mean...oh well...they work well at least, Sharon loves them and that will aid me in getting some quality suspension, & one day I'll upgrade the brakes, flywheel/clutch & no doubt some engine breathing so that's a fair trade off :)

PS: I'm thinking of some eyebrows to hide them a little ;)

Edited by madandy

Guest 540Si

The car looks sharp Andy - nice work

I was going to ask if you'd improved the breathing yet but then I've just seen your last post

Nothing like ongoing projects!

Bahahaha! everyone hates these lights, lol.

I agree to a point - they are kinda similar to the altezza style tails that I also dislike but the OEM type with nice new, clear lenses & angel eye rings are beautiful and we'd have gladly spent the extra for them but the stupid corner lights are only semi clear, look tacked on, & don't integrate if ya know what I mean...oh well...they work well at least, Sharon loves them and that will aid me in getting some quality suspension, & one day I'll upgrade the brakes, flywheel/clutch & no doubt some engine breathing so that's a fair trade off :)

PS: I'm thinking of some eyebrows to hide them a little ;)

Andy, if you clean the OEM ellipsoids which get a little cloudy/dusty looking with time they can look newer (see here http://www.bimmerzone.com/articles_lenses.htm), also I'd expect the light pattern from the OEM ones to be superior to the aftermarket. I understand what you mean about the corners not matching the headlights, you could get the fully clear aftermarket corners which will match better. Or go smoked OEM clear corners which will look great IMO!

Either way, if Sharon likes them that's good because as you say it'll help with the modding budget ;)

Just checked it out again and noticed the painted bumpstrips - nice.

I actually wonder if the lights would look better if you had an Msport or M3 rep bumper..Just a thought..

:D

Yep, an M3 bumper is in the pipeline. There's quite a lot of choice though...I have to research this some more as there's some excellent lips, and different AM bumpers available. Need to take a good look at a Msport one too.

Got a beautiful MOMO GT-R gear knob inside too :D