Sign in to follow this  
tire

Good deal on 1990 325i?

I think that cars been for sale for a while now. If your happy to pay 4k then do so. You have to decide just how long your prepared to wait to get something a little cheaper. You certainly wont find anything with the same toys on it for much less.

Like Bravo, I have an SA 325 with the same toys but mines only done 95k and I paid 3k for it. Was nearly a year ago, it was in a right state cosmetically but it was all good mechanically and the woman was desperate to get rid of it. So I was in the right place at the right time. Id almost given up looking when it came up too.

Do the check Bravo mentioned to see if its sound underneath and go from there. How a car is marketed is always a good indicator of how a car has been treated.

Wow you sure scored! I'm going to test out this tonight. Could be a score or could be a dunger.

the 325 brent is talking sounds awesome!!!

Yea, I wasn't putting it down or anything. Just literally don't have 8grand :P

Here's a 325i SE- what it SHOULD have.

Posted Image

Note;

*Body coloured bumpers, spoiler.

*Full velour trim as standard, leather an option

*'Basketweave' style wheels- 14 inch standard- this car is on 15 inch which were optional

*Colour coded side skirts (smaller than M-Tech 2 skirts)

*13 button OBC

*Electric windows, Sunroof

And a few other nice bits and pieces that I may have missed.

Edited by ThreeOneEight

Wow you sure scored! I'm going to test out this tonight. Could be a score or could be a dunger.

Yea, I wasn't putting it down or anything. Just literally don't have 8grand :P

oh what a shame . buy it in kit set form then .

we give you the car , the new engine block /heads etc . 5spd kit etc .springs etc

and you build it .

oh what a shame . buy it in kit set form then .

we give you the car , the new engine block /heads etc . 5spd kit etc .springs etc

and you build it .

I'm going to assume your not taking the piss.

I have no idea how to build a car, put an engine in a car, put a gearbox in a car, or anything of the sort. I couldn't tell you what a camshaft is. I couldn't tell you what a rocker cover is. I couldn't tell you what S/S headers are. How about you bring it all down to Welly and make it for me while I watch. I'll give ya 3,500. Deal? Sweet.

Why .do .you . do .your . fullstops .like . this? .

Untrue now. Because of the race series now prices for manual 318i's have been pushed up incredibly. It took 6 months of very deep searching to find mine.

Keep an eye on this... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C....htm?key=666548

This looks mint too... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C....htm?key=666548

Nice car, but the seller is on drugs... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C....htm?key=670254

I'm going to assume your not taking the piss.

I have no idea how to build a car, put an engine in a car, put a gearbox in a car, or anything of the sort. I couldn't tell you what a camshaft is. I couldn't tell you what a rocker cover is. I couldn't tell you what S/S headers are. How about you bring it all down to Welly and make it for me while I watch. I'll give ya 3,500. Deal? Sweet.

Why .do .you . do .your . fullstops .like . this? .

no problem then.

S/S headers are stainless steel extractors.

Why .do .you . do .your . fullstops .like . this? . i type to fast for skill.

hartge stuff

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

more info

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Ugly rims, and seller is in Porirua (terrible sign). And his buy now is $5000?

Looking at those cars makes me think the $4k 325i I tested is a bargain.

I'd hesitate to say 'bargain'- it's not worth that. There was a very tidy NZ new 325i manual for sale on TradeMe a few weeks ago for $4000. I believe the seller was a forum member- To me, it looked worth $4000- the black one honestly does not.

I'd hesitate to say 'bargain'- it's not worth that. There was a very tidy NZ new 325i manual for sale on TradeMe a few weeks ago for $4000. I believe the seller was a forum member- To me, it looked worth $4000- the black one honestly does not.

I know. I was a saying its a bargain COMPARED TO the ones that other feller linked.

Hey mate.

Sounds like your having a tough time finding a car.

I found these on Trade Me, thought they might be sutiable.

320i in Auckland

318i in Masterton

Tidy 325 in Napier

If you see anything in the manawatu im happy to go and have a look for you-Old mans a mechanic so got a fair idea about cars.

Good luck.

Hey mate.

Sounds like your having a tough time finding a car.

I found these on Trade Me, thought they might be sutiable.

320i in Auckland

318i in Masterton

Tidy 325 in Napier

If you see anything in the manawatu im happy to go and have a look for you-Old mans a mechanic so got a fair idea about cars.

Good luck.

Thanks bud. Really isn't much around aye. Again, the 325 that was the topic of this thread looks tempting when compare to what else is on trademe.

Where else is god to look for cars? I tried autobase...

Edited by tire

Mhmm. just had another gander at that Masterton M10. It does look very tidy.

Would $2500 be a reasonable offer?

Edited by tire

Mhmm. just had another gander at that Masterton M10. It does look very tidy.

Would $2500 be a reasonable offer?

Definitely. The KMs are average for the age- and if it's been in Masterton, I highly doubt it has been stuck in traffic very often, more likely doing long distances (which are much better for the car). The interior looks immaculate- just get a gearknob off one of our many handy parts suppliers before you go and pick it up! The paint also looks excellent, and it comes with service history. A manual 318i is probably a much better car for a 16 year old than a 325i Automatic, too- insurance and gas are not your friend in a 325i.

Thanks bud. Really isn't much around aye. Again, the 325 that was the topic of this thread looks tempting when compare to what else is on trademe.

Where else is god to look for cars? I tried autobase...

Try...Autotrader

or...The Car Yard

or..Carspot

Or keep an eye out on the...Bimmersport for sale section

Or try magazines that list cars for sale,often found at your local servo.Autotrader etc...

Heaps of options to look at, just spend the time looking and eventually you will find something suitiable that you want thats within your budget.

Definitely. The KMs are average for the age- and if it's been in Masterton, I highly doubt it has been stuck in traffic very often, more likely doing long distances (which are much better for the car).

Ah yea true that.

Try...Autotrader

or...The Car Yard

or..Carspot

Or keep an eye out on the...Bimmersport for sale section

Or try magazines that list cars for sale,often found at your local servo.Autotrader etc...

Heaps of options to look at, just spend the time looking and eventually you will find something suitiable that you want thats within your budget.

Thanks Braeden, bookmarked.

Also thanks to Zeitgeist for the helpful pm

Ah yea true that.

Thanks Braeden, bookmarked.

Also thanks to Zeitgeist for the helpful pm

Sweet dude.

Don't forget the old Trade and Exchange, still get the odd goodies.

http://www.te.co.nz/

Ah of course! Thanks for the reminder

Has to be in Welly, or South of Taupo. Thanks anyway

Bought a 1987 318i today for 3k.

Got the fright of my life coming back over the rimutakas in the wet. Cornered too fast downhill, slid sideways, overcompensated, slid the other side sideways, spun, ended up with my nose back up the hill and my bum 3m away from the traffic coming up the hill. f**k

So not doing that ever again on public roads. I can see why you say save it for the track!

EDIT - 1986, not 97

Edited by tire