Sign in to follow this  
PBOY23

some opinions please?

im thinking of buying this so i can change my own springs as mag an turbo over charge

are these any good theres more expensive on line but obvious better quality ,

also iv got a few mates who want springs compressed but want help to change them out an put back in when done

for a box :P

or is this just a waste of money?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=122414188

post-1718-1192521929_thumb.jpg

Edited by PBOY

For $140 you can't go wrong, we have the same unit at work and use it most if the time, heaps quicker than using the wall mounted unit. Can be a bit fiddly to pull the spring down evenly - wwhich is where the wall mounted unit kills it. As I said though $140 = BARGAIN!

sweet yeh i thought so !!!!

also no one wants to help where an how much to get gaurds rolled please please!!! auckland area

im sure any panel shop could roll your gaurds for you, and i also thnk mag and turbo do it

Looks like a deal. Although, obviously it only works on macpherson struts, so you still need something for ryour trailing arm rears if you can't just pull them out.

I swapped a set of the small, cheap ones that you can use on the car for an e30 torque converter. (Retail around $50) Does the trick, and hook them up to my rattle gun and I can have springs out in a few miinutes.

What you are looking at looks good, just giving you some options though.

Looks like a deal. Although, obviously it only works on macpherson struts, so you still need something for ryour trailing arm rears if you can't just pull them out.

I swapped a set of the small, cheap ones that you can use on the car for an e30 torque converter. (Retail around $50) Does the trick, and hook them up to my rattle gun and I can have springs out in a few miinutes.

What you are looking at looks good, just giving you some options though.

this one works heaps better than the small cheap ones. the small ones tend to wear the threads out pretty quickly as they are not really designed for lots of use.

Yup, but cheap, esp. if just doing your own car and your mates - not exactly lots of use.

Edited by bravo