Sign in to follow this  
madandy

Got my GT-R back!

After 3 months of heartache our beautiful R33 GT-R is returning to us with her new, forged insides, rebuilt engine and RS580 Nismo turbos.

I am so excited about running her in over the long weekend I can't wait to knock off work early & get stuck in...dozens of litres of fuel, running in oil and filters are soon to meet their end at the hands of Kaiju, our fire breathing monster!

Expected outcome once run in & retuned? 550-600hp :)

And a lovely leather clad 328i Bimmer to back her up :)

I'm so stoked right now!

Kaiju litterally means monster or mysterious beast. King Kong is a kaiju as are other mythical Japanese monsters but their most famous Kaiju is 'GODZILLA' .

Posted Image

Every moving part has been replaced in the bottom end barring the rods and crank which were balanced etc. and the head was fully reconditioned right down to Tomei bronze valve guides.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

here she pumped out 280whp at all four wheels on only 8psi - 360whp on 15psi.

The new build will generate approximately 450whp at all four with out leaning hard on her at all :D

Good for uber fast quarter mile action, 300km/h attempts and all that but the real buzz is the way she warps time between corners, slows then leaps to the next braking zone!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Images from Okiata Ferry landing when we took her off her last owner in Russel last summer

and in a friends yard in Paihia, taken from a deck from above, beside our old Primera.

Edited by madandy

Awesome. Wish I had something to run in. But both the 180 and the E30 are not finished.

Have fun.

Oh and BTW. Awesome plate. A know a few guys who would be keen to take that off you hands. Dead or Alive :rolleyes: haha

Edited by driftit

Ah I see... very cool plate! I also just paid attention to the two chinese characters on the back of your car... 'monster' correct? It's a nice touch... different from the standard 'speed' chinese characters people usually use. Did you put them there or was it the previous owner?

Edited by Yuen

My partner, Sharon put 'em on there Yuen. The Japanese don't call 'em Godzilla but Kaiju they understand,(!) and Chinese too :)

Engine ran beautifully yesterday :). The beast was straining at the leash with those motorsport spec snails ready to pack half an atmosphere inside at any moment...

Running in oil is still commonly used though for a shorter duration what with engine part clearances being so close these days.. Be impossible to bed rings in to cylinder bores using high class synthetic oils so a few miles with some light friction is necessary. Another 500kms today and then out with the running in oil and filter and will use a high grade mineral oil for another 1000kms then onto synthetics for life...