Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

I cant fill up...

About 6 months ago I got an auto electritian to fix the central locking in my car which cost about $500.

They f**ked it up as for the last 2 months it's being working on and off intermitently. Now this wasn't a major problem up until now....

The last two times ive been to put fuel in my car my central locking hasn't worked thus not opening my fuel flap (an ingenious idea) so i've had to drive off without filling up.

My question is, is there a way to override the system so that i can open the fuel flap and fill up?

Also how far could i travel on the fuel light, so far have done 30k not really wanting to do alot more.

Car is a 87 m325i.

Cheers,

Mavrick

Open the boot and get in behind the cover on the drivers side. The locking unit is there, 2 bolts, 10mm from memory, and remove it for now.

or just unplug it at the and manually pull the pin back. That way if you really wanted to, you can push it back to lock the fuel flap.

or just unplug it at the and manually pull the pin back. That way if you really wanted to, you can push it back to lock the fuel flap.

Sweet, will sort this out this weekend. Will just steal a company car for now.

OB, you poor thing. is that still going on.

It's never f**kn ending, the joys of owning a 20 year old car hah.

Iv done 100km with the light on before :rolleyes:

The manual says my 86' 318 has 6 litres left when the light goes on.

I've been battling with my g/f's central locking in her 320 for awhile now. Was unlocking everything, but had to lock manually and petrol flap would not lock (so opposte problem to you).

As it would unlock fine, we elimnated the microswitches and motors as the problem which meant computer. I pulled it out on the weekend and it was functioning fine when testing the relsy etc, and could get it to work by manually flicking the relays. So took a look at the wiring - was simply dirty contacts on the computer wiring harness. 15 mins cleaning them and it works a treat.

Computer is in drivers side footwell underneath front factory speaker.

I've been battling with my g/f's central locking in her 320 for awhile now. Was unlocking everything, but had to lock manually and petrol flap would not lock (so opposte problem to you).

As it would unlock fine, we elimnated the microswitches and motors as the problem which meant computer. I pulled it out on the weekend and it was functioning fine when testing the relsy etc, and could get it to work by manually flicking the relays. So took a look at the wiring - was simply dirty contacts on the computer wiring harness. 15 mins cleaning them and it works a treat.

Computer is in drivers side footwell underneath front factory speaker.

Sweet, Cheers Bravo might have to give the DIY a go.

Finally got it open last night, so got to fill up hah.

Thanks for all the suggestions.