Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Need peoples opinions on trimmings

Right, about to take my new e46 coupe seats into to get re-leathered and detailed + change out my leather sedan seats..

I need help with what you guys thing about the final detailing on the seats...

I was thinking of doing the m stripe thing on the cross part of the back rest in the left hand corner.

but then ollie posted me these .. and Im considering weather I should try something else ...

One thing I think will look awesome is m stripes in silver / dark grey / carcoal metallic ribbon cotton.

other thought is suede backing and bucket like some of these below

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The bottom set look wicked. But yeh like you said with the silver/charcoal etc would look HAWT in your car which if I remember rightly has colour coded silver inserts?

Interior trimmings is "titanium graphite" (silver matt colourings)

What do the seats you're getting done look like? [The pictures you are showing or..?]

I deffinately like the idea of grey stripes, will really suit your car.

[have seen you driving around north state 1 and i think coming up symonds -- cars looking mint~!]

Toss up between 1st,2nd and 4th. The 2nd set have that very clean look about them which I find desireable, but if you want the little "M" colours then either 1st or 2nd...couldn't really say.

Pic 4 all the way. Although 2nd ones look real clean.

Pic 1 - Nice

The outers of the 2nd (without the recaro words embossed on the headrest), plus the suede centres of the 4th with silver/dark grey/charcoal stripes to go with the car's colour scheme. But the standard motorsport colours would also make things a little more colourful which is cool :)

Is the 3rd pic an Alpina design?

The seats Josh has posted are Recaro SR seats, which the E30 M3 Sport Evos had right?

Anyhow I'm getting this done to my E30 M3 this week :)

I love the 4th pic Josh has posted but I'm a bit of a leather junkie and I figure all leather wont stain as bad etc

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi-Tek, are you getting yours done locally or buying it from the guy overseas? Good point on the stains, but leather might be a bit slippery in the twisties... I'm guessing the bolsters do the job well though!

Hey mate,

As I've already got the Sport Evo seats in my M3 (Recaro SRs) I'm just going to get them re upholstered here in Auckland.