Sign in to follow this  
smiddy

Cat removal 00/E46 /328

Hi guys, looking to remove my cats from exhaust but worried about check lights, any thoughts?

This will have adverse effects, If you oxy sensors are on the cat section then defantily not. You must retain your oxygen sensors for your car to run properly.

What you _do_ want to do is replace the restrictive piece between the cats and the center muffler and have new boss's installed into the new section of pipe for your sensors.... in most cases it goes from two pips (after cats) into one. It noticibly effects top end performance.

I also added a high flow supersprint exhuast system. which added a noticible difference to top end power :)

You can run high flow cats from supersprint which will give you mild amounts of gain.

Hi guys, looking to remove my cats from exhaust but worried about check lights, any thoughts?

Thanks, was looking to replace mid section as you have said.

Was looking to replace cats with cobys and re-install sensors, any value in that?

Thanks, was looking to replace mid section as you have said.

Was looking to replace cats with cobys and re-install sensors, any value in that?

Thanks for your help will do that.

By saying centre muffler, you mean the large resonater in front of diff?

I have changed rear muffler to a twin tip 3" power pro sounds great but after 5 grand pull flatterns out.

mine does the opposite. When the ECU changes into its full power map and im into full advance on Vanos its quite amazing. The induction sound is something else too :D.

You'll notice the same thing once you ditch that middle bit. Also the center muffler is that one before the diff yes.

There are a couple of interations of the e46 system. I know the yanks got a twin pipe exhaust. Jap models suffered from the single pipe version. It was more to reduce the sound down to please middle age business man market.

mine does the opposite. When the ECU changes into its full power map and im into full advance on Vanos its quite amazing. The induction sound is something else too :D.

You'll notice the same thing once you ditch that middle bit. Also the center muffler is that one before the diff yes.

There are a couple of interations of the e46 system. I know the yanks got a twin pipe exhaust. Jap models suffered from the single pipe version. It was more to reduce the sound down to please middle age business man market.

Middle man business market certainly not me!

Will be chopping centre of exhaust out tomorrow, will let you know how it goes, will do headers next then re-map.

You can feel this motor wanting to breathe!

Thanks again for your help.

Middle man business market certainly not me!

Will be chopping centre of exhaust out tomorrow, will let you know how it goes, will do headers next then re-map.

You can feel this motor wanting to breathe!

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Hybrid, did not mod exhaust today, shop was to busy, had car on hoist tho, does look a little restricted there, muffler shop wasnt to sure.

I am looking at headers soon so may be prudent to start there.

Have a friend at Claytons nth shore, he spoke to chief mechanic, he said big no no to replace centre section, car will run rough-[ wasn't to surprised to here that from them]. :unsure:

come over .. ill show you mine and what I did. (PM me)

you just need to re boss the center section and make sure the sensors get good readings.

come over .. ill show you mine and what I did. (PM me)

you just need to re boss the center section and make sure the sensors get good readings.

Be nice to talk plse txt me your number and i shall call.

Regards, Wayne. 021936474.