Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

E30 Pre Facelift Bumpers & 323i motor

Hey guys, me and my mate Blair just picked up an 87 pre-facelift E30 for a manual conversion. Just wanting to know if the 323i motor is worth much with 270kms on the clock? Also the chrome bumpers are still pretty mint and what would they be worth?

Cheers

I reckon the engine would be worth maybe $300 or $400 depending on how well its running. You just need to find a buyer! If i was you i would keep it, if ya have a 318i you might wanna drop it in sometime for some more power :P Would be that hard considering you have the wiring loom and everything from the 323i car.

I have been told that the chrome bumpers in mint condition are quite rare. Might be worth something, who knows.

Define good knick? If NO rust underneath, that $200 tops, if just not surface rust or dents, then $150 tops.

Yea Blairs car is a 320i with only 80 clicks on the clock so only justification of swapping the 323i motor in, is if it gets a rebuild which i dunno if he would wanna spend that kinda money... we are going to get her running in the next two weeks only needs a fan belt a battery and a small hose...

As far as the chrome bumpers go they are mint as in no rust spots or anything! I was actually amazed in their condition especially when the paint work on the body is pretty average.

Cheers guys

I reckon the engine would be worth maybe $300 or $400 depending on how well its running. You just need to find a buyer! If i was you i would keep it, if ya have a 318i you might wanna drop it in sometime for some more power :P Would be that hard considering you have the wiring loom and everything from the 323i car.

I have been told that the chrome bumpers in mint condition are quite rare. Might be worth something, who knows.

Wholly crap really? I got mine for $50. Guess it comes down to what the selling thinks they are worth.

I will give you $50 for yours too if you like. :rolleyes:

Wholly crap really? I got mine for $50. Guess it comes down to what the selling thinks they are worth.

$50 for engine or bumpers? lol

Lol how about $50 and ur S13 bro ;) haha nah jks not even my car its my mates bro