Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Okay now i'm pissed off

Guest Spargo

Right. I've just been told that if my ear doesn't get better (i've lost hearing and my balance) i'll have to go under the knife to clear out my middle ear and rebuild my ear drum. This is fine, i've got narrow eustation tubes and i've been under the knife a tonne of times for grommets and such (i'm into double figures)

But the kicker? I had my damn ear rebuilt back in 1999! New eardrum using jaw muscle shealth, had heaps of bone ground away etc etc. My ear was under negative pressure, and my ear drum as sucked into my middle ear, which resulted in a gnarly cyst that was threatening to burrow its way into my cranium, I nearly died. Cool. :mosh:

And this afternoon i was told they rekoned that exactly the same thing was happening again. This really pisses me off. I was told that it would never happen again, and to a certain extent it hasn't, but when it does happen, it it really does!

I'm not looking to sympathy or anything, i just need to vent. I won't be able to fly, which means an overseas trip i had book will likely go out the window, i won't be able to fly down to the SI and go snowboarding this winter, and i wont be able to go to any concerts / such till it fully heals. But hey, if it means i keep living, its all good.

The major facial nerve also runs through that area, so its a 50/50 chance i could lose all movement on one side of my face.

I really don't need this sh*t right now. I'm gonna go savage a bottle of Jagermeister. :beer: :drunk:

Edited by CiLK WuRM

Hey good luck...

Yeah medicine is a bitch, but its definately advanced since back in the day.

One day they'll get things right.

And hopefully this time.

dont die on us sam

hope ya get better soon

arrh we pirates just shrug this sh*t off

common me old mate, just get a wench and drown those sorrows

(otherwise said, get better sam dawg!)

sux to be you.. :(

so you had a trip planned n all huh..dam thats gotta rip ya.. :angry:

and no SI ski trip..ah well , if i go i'll post you some Remarkables snow B)

yeah that nerve in the face is a worry..when i had my major wisdom teeth surgery they told me about it.."oh and by the way you may wake up and not have and feeling/control on one,or both sides of your face..now count to 10....

must say though the anasthetic was great (drug connoisseur)..felt it all life pins and needles up my arm from the drip and up over my head..then BAM im out..

..course i felt life sh*t when i woke up..but its all part of the fun aint it?

so when you going in for the op..good luck bro..be well soon young jedi

yo man, u should see if they can mould u some elf ears! :mosh: that would be badass!

nah all the best though :P

Guest Spargo

cheers guys, I find out next tuesday.

I've got a cool little gadget that forces pressurised air up into it so try and resverse it, so if that works, all good.

Sorry to hear that Sam, what a bummer!!

My sister sounds like she has been down the exact same road, she had the operation you mentioned in about 1999 also, fortunately she has been fine since.

Hope things work themselves out for the better.

Guest Spargo

no good bro... i hear chicks dig scars though.. see if they cant give you one next time your under the knife....

Haha yea, i was kinda pissed off last time, i had a gnarly scar, and 'rents made me get plastic surgery, so you can't see it, and its above my hair line. <_<

Guest Spargo

UPDATE:

My ear drum blew the other day. Apparently that means if it heals by itself, no surgery. Yay!

I've also been cleared to go snowboarding next week. Badass :mosh:

UPDATE:

My ear drum blew the other day. Apparently that means if it heals by itself, no surgery. Yay!

I've also been cleared to go snowboarding next week. Badass 

Although that doesn't sound very nice that's all good if it heals - good health man :beer: