Sign in to follow this  
PBOY23

so so so pimp

Have been in a car with D2's - not a bmw though. Wasn't that impressed I found them bouncy.

Could be different in a Bmw though.

You get what you pay for.

Have been in a car with D2's - not a bmw though. Wasn't that impressed I found them bouncy.

Could be different in a Bmw though.

You get what you pay for.

wont be near as bouncy as my car is now

d2s for me then if anyone can help on the d2 issue ?

You would think a Rebound & Compression adjustable coilover shock could be setup to ride very nicely.

Maybe they ship with some massive spring rate which is ok for a racetrack and not some of NZ roads ?

most road & track combo setups are around 400 / 550 split pound spring rate. e30 is running around 525 / 725 pound ... :D its not bouncey at all .. it has koni yellow race shocks with ground control height adjustment.

Is there not some way of getting adjustable struts or something made up using your factory strut?

Feraz at Uniquetints was telling me how he got his car real low legally with heaps of travel etc.said some shock person welded/moded his strut with an adjustable something or rather?

Anyone wanna elaborate?

Exactly what I was looking for!

Will give my mate Regan at Racelign a ring and see if he wants to make some up.Could guinea pig them and see what happens.Look pretty self-explanatory though.

Mean.

Exactly what I was looking for!

Will give my mate Regan at Racelign a ring and see if he wants to make some up.Could guinea pig them and see what happens.Look pretty self-explanatory though.

Mean.

It should be ~$800-1000 for the adjustable platforms, some labour to install (weld) the platforms, and 4 springs, and that assumes you re-use your existing shocks (which is hardly ideal - they need to be shorter and uprated).

D2s are generally pretty good value - the quality of the shocks is a bit questionable in the long term (or for racing) but for height adjustment for a street car I reckon you can't beat them for value - they cost about the same as new springs and shocks.

Theoretically you need a cert though - another $400-500.