Sign in to follow this  
international

BMW E85 Z4

Nice car, congrats!

Specs?

2005 2.2L=170hp

The price difference between 2.5L and 2.2L was quite a bit but considering the power output of only a mere 10hp additional on the 2.5L, it was quite obvious that the 2.2L was more "value for money". Take fuel cost into consideration, it made even more sense.

This 2.2L was optioned out with pretty nice stuffs which made an even more incentive to get hold of this car.

Very nice. Just in time for Summer! I'm sure you'll have hours of entertainment in it.

I should say that the summer mood surely made the wallet come loose a little...It was something different for a change.

Congrats, looks like a very fun car - putting the new one in front of the old provides a stark contrast of the old design vs the new design, and the colours magnify the difference!

Pfft, call that a steep driveway! Nice car by the way... I really like Z4s, best executed example of Bangleism along with the E60 Touring...

Would look great on a set of Z4M wheels. Fill those flame-surfaced arches nicely.

you dont need to lower it to make it 'look' low ... the 330 isn't much lower than stock. just looks that way ;)

in time ... nice set of 18's with the right offset. looks awesome btw.

that driveway looks familiar? you didnt have a e38 740i forsale about ummm.. ooh maybe 5 or 6 years ago did you. Nice Z4, they're awesome cars to drive.

Edited by bmw3

Congrats, looks like a very fun car - putting the new one in front of the old provides a stark contrast of the old design vs the new design, and the colours magnify the difference!

Thanks for that insight which I did not seem to realise until you said...but it sure does! :D

Sorry maybe when I meant lowering cars, I should have been more accurate as in "lowering my 318i" because at the moment there is a massive gap in the front wheel arches, I could nearly shove a whole head into it! :P

aren't you at school?

how much was it? nice looking chariot. missus would love one, interested to hear your take on the 2.2

Edited by The Gus

that driveway looks familiar? you didnt have a e38 740i forsale about ummm.. ooh maybe 5 or 6 years ago did you. Nice Z4, they're awesome cars to drive.

Where in North Shore if you remember? Yes we did sell our E38...and scary thing it might have been 5 or 6 years ago in fact...but it was a 730i.

aren't you at school?

how much was it? nice looking chariot. missus would love one, interested to hear your take on the 2.2

I am a student, but lets just put it as the "family car" where everyone can drive it except my sister purely on the basis that she cant drive at all.

The price was in the low 40K range as the car has already clocked 40K on the clock. Overall, the body and interior are in near mint condition except a few little stone chip marks. Had a few little options which was nice.

I have not driven the 2.2L long enough to give you the good and bad yet but as a first impression, I am very impressed. It is only 2.2L I know but the 170hp does pull the Z4 chassis quite well. The sound is great and if you drive manual or switch it to tiptronic, there is massive torque in the mid rev ranges but do give me more driving time before I can give you a concluded opinion.

Where in North Shore if you remember? Yes we did sell our E38...and scary thing it might have been 5 or 6 years ago in fact...but it was a 730i.

lol yeah may have been the one I'm thinking of. Can remember going with my father to test drive one while we were looking from down a driveway that looked like that, cant remember what part of hte shore though.

Getting some Euro plates soon for both BMWs from Germanplates.com

NZ Euro plates for the Z4 and German Euro plates for the E36...hopefully that will lift the overall appearence :P

lol yeah may have been the one I'm thinking of. Can remember going with my father to test drive one while we were looking from down a driveway that looked like that, cant remember what part of hte shore though.

Oxford Green? I would have been like 12 or 13? So dont know any much haha...