Sign in to follow this  
sikacs

What’s my e30 worth aint got a clue

Wana sell my car but don’t know how much my cars worth. have spent thousands. I know I wont get it all back. but don’t want to give it away. factory bmw blue,ac schnitzer full kit,17'' chromes, clear tail lights, auto transmission,lowered,alarm,got rid of my 16'' ac schnitzer rims an now I regret it reading some of these comments on here lol.

post-2521-1195878239_thumb.jpg

post-2521-1195878606_thumb.jpg

OMG i can belive you sold the Schnitzers for those! what did you sell them for? id say 3-4.5k for the car

OMG i can belive you sold the Schnitzers for those! what did you sell them for? id say 3-4.5k for the car

MET THIS BEEMA MECHANIC..HE SAID HE'LL FIX MA CAR IF I GAVE HIM THE RIMS.. <_< ALREADY HAD THE CHROMES AND WAS ABIT LOW ON COIN..GAVE HIM THE RIMS N HE FIXED MA CAR. . .THEY WERE ORIGINAL SCHNITZERS!!!

For a start, stop typing in caps. My guess for price is anywhere from 2.5 to 4k tops The mods you have done may have alienated many buyers though it will no doubt be appealing to the "younger market. Dont worry about selling the schnitzers - you live and learn :-)

Edited by ducatiss

What younger market are you talking about? No-one I know (I'm 20) would want that car as is. I'd sell the car stock for $2.2 - 3.2k and flog the ugly wheels & lights off seperately! Would leave you with around $4.2k in your pocket if you don't sell in a rush.

What younger market are you talking about? No-one I know (I'm 20) would want that car as is. I'd sell the car stock for $2.2 - 3.2k and flog the ugly wheels & lights off seperately! Would leave you with around $4.2k in your pocket if you don't sell in a rush.

LOL I was trying to be polite - although I have seen quite a few E30's tarted up with those sorts of lights, with oversized chrome wheels and big mufflers - and ALL of these have been driven by younger ppl.

I've seen one old guy (40yo) driving a "pimped" E30 similar to above, I think it was a budget mid-life crisis.

I reckon people do it simple because they have a spare couple hundred and just want to tart up there car somehow with no real thought put into the decision making process. No matter wqhich way you look at them (even in the dark) they look like crap.

I've seen one old guy (40yo) driving a "pimped" E30 similar to above, I think it was a budget mid-life crisis.

I reckon people do it simple because they have a spare couple hundred and just want to tart up there car somehow with no real thought put into the decision making process. No matter wqhich way you look at them (even in the dark) they look like crap.

Maybe it was his sons' car - I dont think the decision making process comes into it - this young chick that works next door to me gets this new car and the first thing I hear her say is that shes off to get a big fat muffler for it. When I asked her why and cut through all the BS reasons it came down to the fact that all her mates had one and for that reason they were cool. Same applies to a few other mods you see about.

Each to their own...

Im 19 & would never do that to my car & I dont have a problem with people doing it to their cars, Also my sister is about 36 & she is fully into her cars that way, so its not just the younger market thats doing this... :)

Is that a AC Schnitzer kit on it? looks like its written on the rear bumper.

i agree , swap out the wheels and the tail lights and anything else that is too blingy .

sell them seperatly , opens the your market up .

tastefull body kits and wheels are ok .

no big shinny exhaust pipes etc .

you can always offer that bits back to the buyer if they look like they might like that sort of thing .

Less of the old at 40 thanks - only twice your age remember & believe me - the next 20 will fly by for you <_<

Wrong offset wheels too? DOn't fill the gaurds that well.

Sell it as a stock car and sell all your bits seperate.

Otherwise around 3.5k for whole car. Well thats what I got for my old E30 and that was a 323 manual and Mtech front and rear bumpers etc.

Edited by DimeBag

Is that a AC Schnitzer kit on it? looks like its written on the rear bumper.

yeah bro,AC Schnitzer kit all round and rear spoiler too.

. . bs m8,this car appears to the younger market such as boy racers,had alot of offers.nobody asked for your opinion.WAKE UP,YOUR DREAMING THERE MATE.

i like the car im young i gues its all along with thr personalitys and just what type of stuff they are into. im 18 and i love sacked euro cars alot. they only thing i reckon you should do is put your old tail lights on and tint them black that allways looks good. The wheels are fine it would atract alot of the young people trust me. but yeah good luck bro. evryones just giving thr opnion and theres mine.

cheers

matt

. . bs m8,this car appears to the younger market such as boy racers,had alot of offers.nobody asked for your opinion.WAKE UP,YOUR DREAMING THERE MATE.

Why not put your money where your mouth is (so to speak) and put the car on TradeMe at $1 Reserve?

If anyone offers you $2.5k or more for it, take the money and run

Why not put your money where your mouth is (so to speak) and put the car on TradeMe at $1 Reserve?

+1

+1

dam that was a nice car (2nd pic w/schnitzers) should have gone the manual conversion route would be worth alot more than with chromes

had "alot of offers"? obviously none more than what we're valuing it at otherwise you would have surely sold it by now!

Maybe it was his sons' car - I dont think the decision making process comes into it - this young chick that works next door to me gets this new car and the first thing I hear her say is that shes off to get a big fat muffler for it. When I asked her why and cut through all the BS reasons it came down to the fact that all her mates had one and for that reason they were cool. Same applies to a few other mods you see about.

Yeah I guess thats true. I know people who have mates into one thing (ie: one person does it, everyone else copies.) Guess this is similar.

Less of the old at 40 thanks - only twice your age remember & believe me - the next 20 will fly by for you <_<

;P Only said that for a joke mate. Old is really 30 :D

Well, in that case -- what'd they offer you? I'll be a boy racer, give you $500?

I thought you did ask my opinion on how much it was worth, I then broke it down and gave reasons for my costings???

had "alot of offers"? obviously none more than what we're valuing it at otherwise you would have surely sold it by now!

Loving the theme bro!

I think at the end of the day price paid comes down the old saying (yes JP I can say things like this cause I'm 40 now ;-) of a willing seller and a willing buyer. Find someone that likes you car (and there will be plenty as lets face it, like the mods or not, it is tidy and straight from what I can see) and they will pay you a realistic price. If you tried selling it to me I'd only pay you a grand as a parts car, but someone like my work neighbour would probably pay you 4K for it.

And by the way welcome to Bimmersport - we are actually a nice helpful bunch believe it or not !! By the way what are you replacing it with/ Another Beemer I hope.

Edited by ducatiss

If you read the title of this auction, which you posted in a public forum.Then YOU asked for JP's and everyone elses opinion, bit unfair to have a go at him like that mate.

If you get more than 2.5 - 3k take it, run, and never look back is my opinion.

But if you have had "heaps" of offers then surely, you should have no worries selling it.

Best of luck with the sale.