Sign in to follow this  
hobbsie

Suspension quote PnH

Heres a quote from PnH in hamilton to put all 4 koni's in, a total of $1950 or about $1450 if i was to do the same myself getting the parts through them.

Is this a good deal?

Estimate1.PDF

ummm buy bilstiens that seems ludacris....?

or forum sponsors and do yourself :)

Edited by Chris C

what kind of bimmer do you have? a 3 series should relatively easy to do yourself, however 5's and 7's take a lot longer as you have to take the whole back seat out - have you tried keith our forum sponsor, I am sure he will be able to help you out

Hell yeah,500 bucks is ridiculous.It'll take like 2 hours for them to put them in (if not less) with all their equipment.

Could do it all yourself in maybe 3/4? Well thats how long it took for me to do in my E36 with fack all tools and very little patience.

ok so my math sucks haha works out at 1617.78 for the parts, so you really think i'm getting ripped here?

Are boge shocks any good? a guy was trying to sell them to me the other day about $170 each with a lifetime warranty

Are boge shocks any good? a guy was trying to sell them to me the other day about $170 each with a lifetime warranty

Boge have been OEM supplier for bmw, not sure if thats still the case.

Is that price for the fronts or rears? boge turbos's (sports) of just standard?

that price is about normal for standard front shocks. rears are around half or 2/3s the cost of the fronts normally and I think the sports shocks cost twice what the standards do.

also, give stocks a call, they have reasonable koni prices i think.

Edited by Mike

Just buy bilstien it will still be cheaper than all these prices i'm sure

Just buy bilstien it will still be cheaper than all these prices i'm sure

correct- im buying Bilstein HD shocks off ebay at the moment (en route from the states :rolleyes: ) they are costing $167.50ea i.e. $670 for the set (landed price, insured shipping).

Edited by The Transporter

I have a quote from Bayfair tyres for the fitment of Koni struts (dont know the model details yet) and 30mm lowered springs (dont know which brand at this stage), $1850. Little sundries like the top hats, bushes etc. and a wheel alligment on top of that price and there's 2k+ and a bloody good job by technicians who will stand by their work.

Whack a set of shocks & springs in yourself and sure you may have no problems or in 6 months it may be shyte. You wont have the extra parts at hand so those worm old bushes and dodgy old brackets etc. will go right back on, little details get overlooked etc...

I'm with 3pedals here - the quote looks fine. You've got yourself a quote for a complete suspension overhaul performed by an experienced operator (hopefully)...suspension is bloody important and IMHO it's well worth paying for quality service.

P&H do an awesome job.

They've looked after me and while they seem expensive, they do it right the first time. Brian is a great dude and also into motorsport so he'll do an awesome alignment.

correct- im buying Bilstein HD shocks off ebay at the moment (en route from the states :rolleyes: ) they are costing $167.50ea i.e. $670 for the set (landed price, insured shipping).

I wonder if you will have to pay GST - I did for my new outer rims. Extra $80

I wonder if you will have to pay GST - I did for my new outer rims. Extra $80

Got Dish?

:rolleyes:

SUPERSPORT a German brand who build sports suspension to give each vehicle exactly the right amount of competitiveness.

yeah, id say they're crap

3 pedals is right, if you want a nice job done, pay the money

that money really isnt too bad, it includes new bump stops and rear top mounts too

having said that, you could do it cheaper yourself if you know how

what springs are you using?

Pay the guy to do a good job and that what you will probably get - Go cheap and you will probably join all the other wingeing posts on this site.

for once I agree

unless you are confident in doing it yourself and getting a wheel alignment done afterwards ... pay someone to do it right.

I payed $270 to have my coilovers and sway bars installed with wheel alignment on proper machine. But I also stuck 8k worth of busniess through them.

P&H do an awesome job.

They've looked after me and while they seem expensive, they do it right the first time. Brian is a great dude and also into motorsport so he'll do an awesome alignment.

Sounds like a goer to me, you want someone that is proven IMO.

Good service is often hard to find.

yeah, id say they're crap

3 pedals is right, if you want a nice job done, pay the money

that money really isnt too bad, it includes new bump stops and rear top mounts too

having said that, you could do it cheaper yourself if you know how

what springs are you using?

Hi Gus it looks like PnH are going to be the go, as everyone Ive spoken to have given them the thumbs up. I can get the shocks at auto trail for $992+gst and they are happy for me to supply the shocks so theres almost $200 saved. I brought the car lovells in it and was going to see what it was like on those first.

Does anyone know anything about B8 motorsport valved Bilsteins? speedfactor is getting a quote for me on a set of these too.

Hi Gus it looks like PnH are going to be the go, as everyone Ive spoken to have given them the thumbs up. I can get the shocks at auto trail for $992+gst and they are happy for me to supply the shocks so theres almost $200 saved. I brought the car lovells in it and was going to see what it was like on those first.

Does anyone know anything about B8 motorsport valved Bilsteins? speedfactor is getting a quote for me on a set of these too.

Just installed a supersport "cup" kit on my 85 e30 m323i brought off trademe. The guy is very genuine!

I was very very dubious about the shocks/springs for the price, but they are really awesome value. Installed them myself and they fit perfectly (rare from a trademe item!), with the exception of the nuts for the top of the inserts which have slightly more thread than the stock ones - but they do up fine anyway. They include all the necessary hardware and the rubber stops for the top of the rear shocks. The finish on the whole kit is as good as any Ive seen. The ride is pretty good, pretty firm but not a pain in the ass - but a huge improvement over the previous setup (god knows what the previous owner was thinking - I had different shocks in the front end!! both of them modified to fit the bimmer). Ive got very limited experience in terms of springs rates etc but i will happily say I prefer it to my old Porsche 944 on koni adjustables!!! Far less harsh but still solid and even more predictable. The best thing is they are actually made in germany :P Come with the TUV certs and stamps to prove it.

Dont be concerned about the price - Id easily buy them again (kinda makes you wonder how other manufacturers justify their prices!)

Bad cell ph photos

post-2714-1219212234_thumb.jpg

post-2714-1219212291_thumb.jpg

post-2714-1219212333_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jacko