Sign in to follow this  
international

18" on E36?

Stupid as it sounds...I bought a set of wheels without asking you guys if it will fit...

Would a E36 318i Sedan be able to fit a set of 18X7.5 with 225/40/18 rubber?

Stupid as it sounds...I bought a set of wheels without asking you guys if it will fit...

Would a E36 318i Sedan be able to fit a set of 18X7.5 with 225/40/18 rubber?

should fit no problems, what offset are they? Do you know what car they came off? You may get a slight bit of rub on the back depending how low your car is and what the offset of the wheel is. Otherwise you should be sweet. Just make sure that if the wheels are not hub centric you get some locating rings otherwise you will get a lot of shake through the steering wheel at 80 - 100km/h

should fit no problems, what offset are they? Do you know what car they came off? You may get a slight bit of rub on the back depending how low your car is and what the offset of the wheel is. Otherwise you should be sweet. Just make sure that if the wheels are not hub centric you get some locating rings otherwise you will get a lot of shake through the steering wheel at 80 - 100km/h

It is not a Hub Centric wheels, it does have a ET of 35.

It is not a Hub Centric wheels, it does have a ET of 35.

the wheels will work no problems however you will need to get locating rings to prevent any shake at 100km/h

the wheels will work no problems however you will need to get locating rings to prevent any shake at 100km/h

Locating rings? Sorry I am quite noob to this...where might I find any and how much would it cost?

What I am really worried is that the wheels might hit the bottom end support of the springs.

Posted Image

Just above the suspension strunt.

Edited by international

if your got the right offset you will have no problems , it wont rub unless you lower it right down an it will just be a little bit of plastic rubbing

Edited by PBOY

Locating rings? Sorry I am quite noob to this...where might I find any and how much would it cost?

What I am really worried is that the wheels might hit the bottom end support of the springs.

Posted Image

Just above the suspension strunt.

will not anything, you will be sweet, I am able to sort out locating rings no problem, when you get your wheels give me a call and we can sort something out

cheers

Johno

Mag & Tyre Direct

Forum Sponsor

Edited by zenetti

Alright...all is in, its quite tight in the front and the rear has got heaps of room. I need to lower the fronts badly...the rear is alright maybe 10mm but the front needs a good 40mm drop...

Ok just to add to this.

I got my 18's today and found they have an offset of 42. (18x8 on 235/40)

Stuck em all on and rolled the rear gaurds pretty much as far as they would go,left the fronts unmodded. And whilst the car was still they weren't rubbing at all and the front was tucked under heaps.

Then as soon as I drove out of the driveway it started rubbing like mental,so I pulled over and the inside of my front gaurd was hanging out. STINK! i was so excited lol.

Whats the problem here? Obviously the height will have a part to play but surely there must be something I can do?

Is it offset? Or tyres? Or just need to roll the gaurd out a whole lot more?

get a pik of it up !!!!

you will need to do your gaurds more

after seeing what happened when we put my rims on ninos (diabl23) bm it was rubbing like a whore

maybe its just how low you run it ?

Edited by PBOY

Ok just to add to this.

Stuck em all on and rolled the rear gaurds pretty much as far as they would go,left the fronts unmodded. And whilst the car was still they weren't rubbing at all and the front was tucked under heaps.

Then as soon as I drove out of the driveway it started rubbing like mental,so I pulled over and the inside of my front gaurd was hanging out. STINK! i was so excited lol.

Whats the problem here? Obviously the height will have a part to play but surely there must be something I can do?

That sounded like excessive SLABness....

Well I took them off and put the RC's back on for now cos,well, I couldnt drive anywhere! I couldnt turn ( yes old fullahs you were right) but ninos car is lower than mine slightly so should have theoretically been sitting on the gaurds. I will just flare the gaurds right out and see what happens there. Will have to rip the grinder out and grind some of that plastic shiz.

But dayam it looked good. Front wheel was tucked under almost to the rim

haha ive never seen tires get eaten so fast when i had pboys 19s on my car lol the the rubbing noise was so painful lol

I couldnt turn ( yes old fullahs you were right)

Lol.......were always right

Hope it doesnt hurt the wallet too much

"play safe"

Glenn

Ok just to add to this.

Your problem is 100% the tyres, they are too big especially for a SLAB car. It doesn't matter how much you roll the guards it will rub like a b*&st*rd Personally I would go with a 215/40/18 or 225/40/18 max. PM me for december tyre specials

cheers

Johno

Edited by zenetti

haha ive never seen tires get eaten so fast when i had pboys 19s on my car lol the the rubbing noise was so painful lol

remind me to do skids on your wheels next time hahahaha

but your car looked mean an by the way dimebag yours is lower at the back than diablos