Sign in to follow this  
constablesam01

E36 m sport mouldings

Just pop along to the stealership or a wrecker if you don't mind used ones.

Real OEM is your friend for looking up part numbers and such. Good luck!

word of warning with moldings .. as soon as you pull them off the car you stuff them.

They will go all wrinkly and never look the same .. its why if you replace them you just buy new ones and paint em or whatever before putting them on.

ring JC BMW parts division..talk to keith. they can qoute you and you dont have to buy them if its too exensive.

i think mouldings are not what im actually looking for. im after the black plastic strips that flow around the front bumper, the bit which holds number plate and can be removed to expose tow hook positioning,

sorry for the confusion

i think mouldings are not what im actually looking for. im after the black plastic strips that flow around the front bumper, the bit which holds number plate and can be removed to expose tow hook positioning,

sorry for the confusion

Yep, your after moldings.

Chippy, new mouldings from the dealer probably won't cost as much as you might think, have you given them a call? If you want to go secondhand, I believe non-M and M bumpers use the same mouldings (check www.realoem.com to confirm), and just make sure you get the same type as the other mouldings on your car, there are textured and non-textured ones.

word of warning with moldings .. as soon as you pull them off the car you stuff them.

They will go all wrinkly and never look the same .. its why if you replace them you just buy new ones and paint em or whatever before putting them on.

Are you talking about the same part? From my experience mouldings can be taken off as many times as you want without damaging them. They're made from ABS plastic so shouldn't deform that easily. Just have to be careful with the hooks or little clips.

yeap... you can pull them off and back on ... but look down the line of them .. they are never straight again.