Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

Dyno results from yesterday

Top effort man.

What do e30's weigh?You must have a nice power>weight ratio.

Mines around 1200kgs so it gets off its arse. Cheers

thats awsome i want a v8!

its one thing to put a 4cyl turbo motor in it but its a next level to put in the V8

respect that !

I could of put a 4cyl turbs or even turbd the m20, but i really wanted something that turned heads and totally confused people, its a bit of a shock to here a little e30 that sounds like this one lol

Cheap VIDS this weekend fellas

Just to clear things up about the dyno, ITS AT THE WHEELS!!!!!!!!! OMG im happy

"Good to hear your happy with the car Riley. The power on your dyno sheet is hp at the wheels. As i said to you at the time 279hp did seem very high compared to others previous to that. The main difference we saw was that when most standard 1uz's start falling over in torque and power yours climbed another 1000rpm before doing so. This is where you gained your top end power"

This was from Phil the lead tuner from NZEFI

Edited by Drifty 340i V8

Good stuff man. It hard to put the power to the ground?

Not to bad at all really,in the wet i think it would be super dodge tho

nice work....thats some pretty damn decent power! what are the engine mods...headers and link? thats pretty good!

nice swap...have always like the 1uz

Awesome. You saying that makes me want to rip the engine out of the de-regd ls400 my partners Dad has sitting in his back yard :D

Good work dude cant wait for vids!

Edited by Mc Lovin'

nice work....thats some pretty damn decent power! what are the engine mods...headers and link? thats pretty good!

nice swap...have always like the 1uz

I know im freakin stoked with the power, its ALOT more than usual, put it down to super low ks 30,000.Late high compression version,factory uprated cams,injectors,superb extractors and exhaust made by Ben,and tuned intake.

Its also tuned for 98octane

Im in love lol, wait for the vids OMG

Guest 540Si

Good stuff Riley

You'd better update your sig now - unless you still run with an orange canvas bonnet ;)

Good stuff Riley

You'd better update your sig now - unless you still run with an orange canvas bonnet ;)

Cheers

Haha year ive droped the light weight bonnet and gone back to the original. Havint had any time to work let alone drive the car, its so busy at work at the moment. Working all weekend to :(

Ok this is a macheeeeeeen.

Bloody blitzing it along Rangiora aye Riley!

It was the talk of our car over Athurs Pass "Riley's car would cane this road"

Well done mate, did you iron out the probs?

Ok this is a macheeeeeeen.

Bloody blitzing it along Rangiora aye Riley!

It was the talk of our car over Athurs Pass "Riley's car would cane this road"

Well done mate, did you iron out the probs?

haha cheers emz, and yes it does love athurs pass lol

Na not yet, been working on the overheating side of it today and i thinkj its sorted.

Still gotta fix the brakes and put a new alt,ps belt on

haha cheers emz, and yes it does love athurs pass lol

Na not yet, been working on the overheating side of it today and i thinkj its sorted.

Still gotta fix the brakes and put a new alt,ps belt on

New alternator and power steering belt?

Its an absolute weapon, will be a killer when its done. Have youfixed up the interior?

And i think the drive shaft was a bit of a prob when i was there is that sorted?

The old 5er handled Arthurs pretty well, Dad redlined it though, haha sounded great.

Hopefully you've got all the little things sorted by sunday.

Arthurs Pass is pretty much my 300km driveway. I think I've been over it 9 times in the last 6 weeks. (just quietly :ph34r: , I did it in 2 hours the other day).

If you go to Punakaiki whilst your here, that road (the coast raod), was voted as one of the top ten drives in the world by lonely planet.

Edited by antony

If you go to Punakaiki whilst your here, that road (the coast raod), was voted as one of the top ten drives in the world by lonely planet.

Amen to that. It was absolutely amazing. 15km corners, downhill straight into a haripin then uphill, s bends... wowee. Paradise.

New alternator and power steering belt?

Its an absolute weapon, will be a killer when its done. Have youfixed up the interior?

And i think the drive shaft was a bit of a prob when i was there is that sorted?

The old 5er handled Arthurs pretty well, Dad redlined it though, haha sounded great.

Shes pretty quick aye,i just love the sound

Yip a pulley seized and ripd the belt, ive discarded the pulley now and put on a shorter belt :) sorted

Interior wise no, as ive got to sort the booster first.

Driveshaft no lol need a wee spacer fitted, its safe in the mean time just a little bit of noise.

Thats a nice 5series, bet she drives great!