Sign in to follow this  
M3_guy

E30 or E34 Are they reliable cars???

alright then....what do people think a nice 535 is is worth....mine for example.Interior would be one of the best i have seen,mileage is about 235,000,but i service it religiuosly,recently had new radiator and front control arms.

I am seriously considering selling...I dont think anything lower than six...

some pics here other pics will be found on BS.

Creaver if this car comes up, buy it. You can't go wrong buying a well looked after car.

Guest 540Si

Creaver if this car comes up, buy it. You can't go wrong buying a well looked after car.

Is Paul selling? If so Ian, you should def consider his car, it's a really nice example and well loved

E: Don't we all just love a good E34 thread! ;)

Edited by 540Si

Is that 235,000 miles or km? Let me know if you do end up selling.

Guest 540Si

Is that 235,000 miles or km? Let me know if you do end up selling.

It will be km's. Paul's car is NZ New I believe

but none of you have said what you think a fair price is!

235 000 kms as SI said NZ new,sports seats(electric)LSD,Mtech suspension,"climate control,cd player in boot,completely stock....one of the so called 535is or HD12 series cars.The only thing mine doesnt have that the others do is the ski bag option.

Sorry for delay,a branch broke of a tree out the front yesterday and took out the phone line(and the window!)

Edited by kiwi535

Guest Simon*

235 000 kms as SI said NZ new,sports seats(electric)LSD,Mtech suspension,"climate control,cd player in boot,completely stock....one of the so called 535is or HD12 series cars.The only thing mine doesnt have that the others do is the ski bag option.

Sorry for delay,a branch broke of a tree out the front yesterday and took out the phone line(and the window!)

Bloody hell! Is the weather that bad down there?

Paul I think your car is fantastic and very highly spec'ed. I think your wanting at least $6K for it is more than justified, perhaps even a little low :) Being NZ New and having MTech susp, LSD and the electric leather recaros all with a manual box make it rarer than most people give it credit for.

If you were selling elsewhere and an enthusiast saw it, I believe $6K would be seen as a terrific bargain. The trouble is you'd have to wait for the right person to come along. Put it on TM for $10,000 and see what interest you get as an experiment maybe?

By the way, have you found another car? (540? ;) ) or are you just clearing the way just in case?

Cheers

Si

Bloody hell! Is the weather that bad down there?

Paul I think your car is fantastic and very highly spec'ed. I think your wanting at least $6K for it is more than justified, perhaps even a little low :) Being NZ New and having MTech susp, LSD and the electric leather recaros all with a manual box make it rarer than most people give it credit for.

If you were selling elsewhere and an enthusiast saw it, I believe $6K would be seen as a terrific bargain. The trouble is you'd have to wait for the right person to come along. Put it on TM for $10,000 and see what interest you get as an experiment maybe?

By the way, have you found another car? (540? ;) ) or are you just clearing the way just in case?

Cheers

Si

the weather isnt that bad,but that particular branch had already(unknown to me) partially split off the trunk.

I beleive 6 k is a bit cheap,and 10k would be max..but as you say it all depends who is shopping.When i bought it it was exactly what i wanted,i didnt realise at the time it was so rare....i only looked at manuals and all were the same spe(even the first english import i looked at).I dont really know what to replace it with.A 540/6 would be nice but has to be t least as nice as mine,and the two i looked at down here werent.

Am considering an e 39 but all but one i have looked at are autos.The only manual one i have seen happens to have a 300 kw v 8 in it !

Guest Simon*

the weather isnt that bad,but that particular branch had already(unknown to me) partially split off the trunk.

I beleive 6 k is a bit cheap,and 10k would be max..but as you say it all depends who is shopping.When i bought it it was exactly what i wanted,i didnt realise at the time it was so rare....i only looked at manuals and all were the same spe(even the first english import i looked at).I dont really know what to replace it with.A 540/6 would be nice but has to be t least as nice as mine,and the two i looked at down here werent.

Am considering an e 39 but all but one i have looked at are autos.The only manual one i have seen happens to have a 300 kw v 8 in it !

Yeah I know what you mean about replacing your car with something at least as tidy.

Manual E39 V8 sounds pretty good to me!

Paul, if I was in the market for an e34 I would be round at your place now handing over 6k in reddies.

I know nothing about pricing them but judging by whats being asked for top end e30's and how cheap e39's are (dont start me on e38's) I think 6k would be daylight robbery.

The problem with car valuation is that everyone has a very different idea and with something as rare as yours it might take a fair amount of time to find someone who is interested.

Do you want to swap for my e30, I might be tempted to leave the Alpina's on if you do the same with the style 5's ;)

Yeah I know what you mean about replacing your car with something at least as tidy.

Manual E39 V8 sounds pretty good to me!

the only manual i have seen(i know there have been a few 540 six speeds) was an M5! :ph34r:

I can vouch for the e39 540i/6....its an absolute beast and Im first in line if my mate ever considers selling his !

I shouldve bought it myself, I did find it after all and then dared him to put his money where his mouth was after giving it a good caning just to be sure it was worth it ;)

Hard to pin down price, most guys upgrade to E34 540i.I think Ray paid 16-17 for his 540is, low k's etc, still a fantastic set of wheels.

I think your 6k guess would be a low mates rate price but who knows??

Get a few opinions or just test the market and see how many nibbles you get.

Still a great high speed tourer, when BMW designed the E34 shell they paid special attention to using large panels rather than tacking smaller sections together.

yes the 6 k is a special mates rate...I love the 535 on the open road,i would love to try it in the speed(and the roads) it was designed for which i think on our cars is 140-180.the slightly lower gearing would make it a weapon even in 5th!

Hard to pin down price, most guys upgrade to E34 540i.I think Ray paid 16-17 for his 540is, low k's etc, still a fantastic set of wheels.

yes i was seriously conidering that one but i HATE that nearly white interior(sorry bruce,simon ray)

yes the 6 k is a special mates rate...I love the 535 on the open road,i would love to try it in the speed(and the roads) it was designed for which i think on our cars is 140-180.the slightly lower gearing would make it a weapon even in 5th!

Yeah would be good doing high speed Autobahn runs. Once you have the weighty E34 on the move 3rd hits the limiter with ease and 4th pulls pulls strongly till red line, strong torque above 2500 gives a good punch.

Guest Simon*

B10 4.6 is not the same as above turbo in case some people don't know Alpina history. Sorry for confusion.

From wiki: Alpina B10 4,6 - with 340 hp 480 N·m with an engine specially made for this model that also have 540i as a ground model, 27 Sedan and 19 Touring was made between 1994 and 1996, two transmissions 6 speed manual and Switchtronic.

So awesome B)

post-2351-1199757743_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1199757754_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1199757763_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1199757776_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simon*

From wiki: Alpina B10 4,6 - with 340 hp 480 N·m with an engine specially made for this model that also have 540i as a ground model, 27 Sedan and 19 Touring was made between 1994 and 1996, two transmissions 6 speed manual and Switchtronic.

So awesome B)

post-2351-1199757743_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1199757754_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1199757763_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1199757776_thumb.jpg

Alpina gives you the ultimate exclusive BMW!

The V8 Alpina is nice. The one in Pukekohe. I don't know that I'd spend $25k on a car that was slower than mine.

A 540iS is much better value for money.

A Bi-turbo Alpina, now that's a different story.

I agree with the comments about Kiwi535 and mr E34's cars. Both of them are excellent examples of 535iS.

Good luck with finding a car Creaver