Sign in to follow this  
eef48

B & G Springs to swap

After spending $300.00 on having the front spoiler repaired on my 323 because the wife hit a concrete curb Ive decided I want to lift the car about 25mm from where it currently sits.

When I brought the car it came with a brand new set of B & G 45mm drop spings in it.The car has only traveled about 2000 klms on these so are like band new.I would like the car to sit the same height as a motersport coupe or M3 so if you have a set of these you would like to swap send me a reply.Heres a pic of the car at its current height which looks great but is not practical for the way it is being used.I can get the original springs for the car but thats too high and not firm enough going by the other e46s Ive driven.

post-2461-1198790213_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Beam

In the long run, it will be cheaper to trade the wife on one who can drive.

Car looks very nice.

In the long run, it will be cheaper to trade the wife on one who can drive.

Car looks very nice.

I had thought about that option but losing half the house etc it became an expensive exercise.

Also the rear of the car is bottoming out on the stops which makes the ride abit uncomfortable at times.The car bottomed out on the chassie going over a speed hump the other day so it just becomes a pain having to crawl over every piece of dodgy road which is pretty common in TGA.

I don,t think new shocks is the answer.If Im going to do that I might as well throw in a whole set of adjustables for $1600.00.

Edited by Mr Beam

fully against raising a car but it still looks very good

As always...

Going up the height isnt really going to help much to be honest. After the new wheels on my car, I have been very careful about those damn curbs, its better to be out a bit than to be right up to those motherf**kers. Lifting the car 25mm isnt really anything much. Somewhere around 250mm would help more...

ps...how come your 45mm drop is like my 60mm drop...yo PBOY, whos lower?

As always...

Going up the height isnt really going to help much to be honest. After the new wheels on my car, I have been very careful about those damn curbs, its better to be out a bit than to be right up to those motherf**kers. Lifting the car 25mm isnt really anything much. Somewhere around 250mm would help more...

ps...how come your 45mm drop is like my 60mm drop...yo PBOY, whos lower?

I Don't know.

Maybe they gave the shop the wrong springs to begin with.

I think I need a drink :wacko:

I Don't know.

Maybe they gave the shop the wrong springs to begin with.

I think I need a drink :wacko:

Na, dont think so...talk to Ray if you are looking for standard springs...hes the man for the job, surely he would be able to sort you out.

I found my B&G 45 mm springs dropped my car by almost 60mm as well - not sure why - finally changed them to std Motorsport ones.

I found my B&G 45 mm springs dropped my car by almost 60mm as well - not sure why - finally changed them to std Motorsport ones.

true well i got sum new b&g springs bout a month ago they only really dropped my car buy bout 20-30mm

what type of springs u get?

true well i got sum new b&g springs bout a month ago they only really dropped my car buy bout 20-30mm

what type of springs u get?

Just replaced with Vogtland 40mm drop you can see before and after shots on the appearence site under "which looks better" topic. Edited by Mr Beam