Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

liquor ban info

Hey guys, I have a few questions about the liquor ban at the mount.

Does this include closed bottles, only open ones or any liquor what so ever?

What are the consequences if caught etc?

Regards,

Ian.

carrying any alks will end you up arested esp on beach parade

bottom line hide your pus an you will be sweet

consequences- fines -conviction-court fines-ratz new years -ending up in a cell with a bunch of f**kwits

Hey guys, I have a few questions about the liquor ban at the mount.

Does this include closed bottles, only open ones or any liquor what so ever?

What are the consequences if caught etc?

Regards,

Ian.

Closed bottles, i.e still in the box is fine, open ones mean 10g in fines, bull sh*t i know but what are ya gonna do.

carrying any alks will end you up arested esp on beach parade

bottom line hide your pus an you will be sweet

consequences- fines -conviction-court fines-ratz new years -ending up in a cell with a bunch of f**kwits

told me about your story?

wanaka kicks ass!

my place to chill in the ski season!

but wouldnt know the liquor ban as no one seems to give a rats ass.

was just down at qtwn with my gf and i swear in qtwn gardens etc you can walk any were withj it.

Anyone know about Wanaka liquor ban?

I hope you all know where that is, by the way :)

same deal as above, but heaps more relaxed.

Will only get it taken off you. We pretty much had a street party last year, and the cops just took my mates box of corona's to take back to the station. Although I have heard of someone getting a $400 fine a few years back for drinking in the back of a car in town.

Cops are everywhere, you just have to be a smart about it.

E: Anyone going to nelson?

Edited by antony

wanaka kicks ass!

my place to chill in the ski season!

but wouldnt know the liquor ban as no one seems to give a rats ass.

was just down at qtwn with my gf and i swear in qtwn gardens etc you can walk any were withj it.

I know for Qtown the only time there is ever a liquor ban is new years.

Why Whitianga? Mercury Rising is cancelled aint it?

same deal as above, but heaps more relaxed.

Will only get it taken off you. We pretty much had a street party last year, and the cops just took my mates box of corona's to take back to the station. Although I have heard of someone getting a $400 fine a few years back for drinking in the back of a car in town.

Cops are everywhere, you just have to be a smart about it.

E: Anyone going to nelson?

Yip, im heading up on the 31st and back on the 2nd cuz thats all the time I could get off work.

Where you staying man?

Yea also going to nelson, going up 30th back 2nd.

Think were staying at Maitai, anyone know what its like?

Na dont know sorry mate, I have never been. We are staying at Mapua so if any of you guys wanna catch up my flick me a text 0274654987. I wont have my 325 as its not really in a good state for road trips

Emma, you're not old enough to drink. So it shouldn't matter.

And BMW's have Toyota engines in them. Come on Cain, look around the news. I'm one of those teens that drinks socially/occasionally and doesn't go stupid.

Yea also going to nelson, going up 30th back 2nd.

Think were staying at Maitai, anyone know what its like?

I was there to, had gone up to nelson/kaiteriteri before you wrote that tho.

I wasn't insinuating that you drank irresponsibly Emma.

Try using that explanation with "And that's the truth, Your Honor" after it and see if they drop the charges. It's no less legal than saying, I was only going 101kph.

Yeah thats true Cain. I can see where you're coming from. But it's more a case of what 16/17 year old doesn't. I can't really see the fine line between maturity of day before you are 18 and day after. So a year doesn't hurt.

I guess it'll be coffee instead of beer when you come down then. :P

Yeah thats true Cain. I can see where you're coming from. But it's more a case of what 16/17 year old doesn't. I can't really see the fine line between maturity of day before you are 18 and day after. So a year doesn't hurt.

I guess it'll be coffee instead of beer when you come down then. :P

there isnt any sense to it Emma but the line has to be drawn somewhere.....just keep n eye on the news.Its also true that alcohol has undesireble effects on young brains.

Yeah, It does.

"Young people shouldn't be drinking" yes I know this. I understand it. It's illegal.

When people stereotype "Oh they're all just f**kwits and irresponsible when they drink" Its annoying. Yeah, I drink. But wouldn't you rather a young person who drinks occasionally (Like a special occasion eg bday party), knows their limits and looks out for their mates, than one who goes all out every weekend looking for parties, looking for trouble and does stupid sh*t. There have been countless occasions where I have looked after pissed mates because they've all gone silly.

Its naughty,illegal,bad,whatever. But it doesn't stop us unfortunately. Like how many people speed a year. Theres a law against that. How many people have affairs a year. Theres a law against that. How many 15 year olds have sex, theres a law against that too. But it doesn't stop them.

Its absolutely terrible it contributes to soooo many teenage deaths each year, take the Edgeware Road party for example. Two teenage girls killed and a whole nation in shock.

I know you guys won't change your mind, but just think about what I said... " Its not the drinking its how we're drinking"

I know I'm in the wrong and fighting a losing battle, but just trying to make the point of being a responsible non-sterotypical teenager.

Edited by BMW Power