Sign in to follow this  
tonylauno1

e46 Deep-dish look

I have seen some e46 with deep dish alloys. Since e46 requires a high offset (38-42mm) how is that possible without using a medium offset (20mm) like a set of e39 alloys?

If the alloys were to stick out a further 20mm compared to factory wheels, it doesn't look like it will rub against the wheel arc. Are there any other potential problems when going for the deep-dish look?

i've got a set of 18x8.5 deepdish rims on my E36, and with decent sized rubber it does rub on the rear guards...

probably might wanna considering rolling out your guards, or even getting them slightly flared......

cheers

Jeev.

i've got a set of 18x8.5 deepdish rims on my E36, and with decent sized rubber it does rub on the rear guards...

probably might wanna considering rolling out your guards, or even getting them slightly flared......

cheers

Jeev.

What offset are yours 18x8.5 deepdish?

Guest Rick James

You can't without digging the roller out.

FYI, less than 3 inches of dish isn't deep dish.

You can't without digging the roller out.

says who? I aint being cocky or anything, just curious as to where you come up with that justification?

says who? I aint being cocky or anything, just curious as to where you come up with that justification?

everybody

cheers

Jeev.

roll your gaurds or next time buy diffrent tyres not 4x4 spec

on the deep dish note hybrid runs very wide rims on his 46 im sure he can give you the info

Edited by PBOY

yea that's wat i've got done to the E36 mate, rolled out and slighty flared guards at the rear.....

regarding the 4x4 tyres, well 235/40 seems pretty alright to me, didnt want extreme low-pros coz da ride can get quite crappy with them, nor did i want thin tyres coz i hate da 'honda' look, accords n civics runnin on 195/205s....

Edited by localdevdas

and it still rubs? hmmmmmmm im running 19.8.5 225 35 zr19 taped in lips an back gaurd no rubbing what so ever

Amen

and it still rubs? hmmmmmmm im running 19.8.5 225 35 zr19 taped in lips an back gaurd no rubbing what so ever

fitting 235/40s made it rub a bit during cornering when it was standard, but ever since the roll outs/flares its been sweet azz....

Nope, Basically the hub is set differently

I run 4 inch dish in the rear and run 39 offset. This is a 19x9.5 / 30.

Its possible because of the conical shaped center mesh / spokes. They taper inwards. If you look at a front e46 CSL wheel you will see it infact has a "wave" in the spoke to give it a more 'inward' look. This technique is used by other wheel manufactures to achieve large dish on higher offset wheels.

Find a wheel style you like (for me it was the more classic looking "semi steap dish/lip" instead of my other 19's with dish that were more pie dish looking. But seriously do your research there are plenty of wheels out there and many many different looks. I gave work wheels or performalink a call ... they do some good qaulity stuff and the best thing is .. the own e46's themselves so know what their talking about.

as my sig says "Offset bitches!" ... it really is all in the offset ... you can have any wheel design you like really.

here is mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

all this talk of "you HAVE to roll your rear guards" is utter bollocks. If you get the correct offset and width wheel, AND the correct upsize tyre you will not need to touch the guards.

Tony - the design of the wheel is what gives it the dished look - Hybrid is bang on the money with his explanations.

cheers

Johno

all this talk of "you HAVE to roll your rear guards" is utter bollocks. If you get the correct offset and width wheel, AND the correct upsize tyre you will not need to touch the guards.

Tony - the design of the wheel is what gives it the dished look - Hybrid is bang on the money with his explanations.

cheers

Johno

Great, Thanks for the information.

Edited by tonylauno1

cheers

Johno

i was talking in specific to one of the members in particular localdevdas

about rolling rear gaurds

Edited by PBOY