Sign in to follow this  
international

NEW YEARS PHOTOS

Nice shots James. Where did you set up? In the last shot is that the reflection off a filter?

At D Wharf.

Nice. I had far better things to do than take photos though hah.

Nice shots James. Where did you set up? In the last shot is that the reflection off a filter?

Yes, unfortunately, I got some lense flare, because I didnt bring along my lense hood...just goes to show the fireworks are nearly as intense as the sun...thats why it only lasted so long...5 minutes...I mean, come on...like I always say, "if you are going to do it, do it big or else it aint big!"

At D Wharf.

Nice. I had far better things to do than take photos though hah.

Well, half the family is overseas, so I decided it was a better choice to spend the time with my father, otherwise it would have been quite stink...I wanted to go to that one at the Civic with Mason so bad! :(

Nice shots mate. totally agree, they were pretty average. Saw them from my back yard, a couple people were trying to compete with the sky towers, and I have to say, a was probably watching theirs for longer :lol:

By wharf do you mean near the Westin hotel? I've been there but never managed to get such a view. Where exactly?

Nice shots mate. totally agree, they were pretty average. Saw them from my back yard, a couple people were trying to compete with the sky towers, and I have to say, a was probably watching theirs for longer :lol:

Yeah, considering people were waiting for them to go off since 11 or maybe earlier, it was a bit of an anti-climax. Could have been better!

Yes I agree, a couple of the other photographers beside me complain that last years fireworks lasted 10 minutes...lol

By wharf do you mean near the Westin hotel? I've been there but never managed to get such a view. Where exactly?

Yeah, considering people were waiting for them to go off since 11 or maybe earlier, it was a bit of an anti-climax. Could have been better!

It was in front of the Team New Zealand base, where me and PBOY had out BMW photoshoot...

Great photos. Nice work.

At least you saw the New Year in! I fell asleep at 11pm (I had been up since 5am though), next thing I knew it was 12.15am.

I am old!!

Cheers

Grant

We counted down new years in a taxi. Was in no state to count anyways.

Tu meke beer.

Great photos. Nice work.

At least you saw the New Year in! I fell asleep at 11pm (I had been up since 5am though), next thing I knew it was 12.15am.

I am old!!

Cheers

Grant

Its all about location...IIRC I saw the NZ Herald photographer at same location as I was...Devonport would have been too far, keen in mind I am from the Shore...Whilst Victoria park would have been too close, I suppose this location was perfect, it also had the water as a kind of backdrop which was very effective.

Credit goes to PBOY for showing me this location a few days before hand...haha

Hey great photosman, looks real good.

Great effort James, Those were mint photos.Whats your camera setup?

Lol and I assume you were reasonably sober to have taken those pics haha. I remember talking to Dad in the car....

"So where does your Dad work Jay?" -Dad

"CDC" -Emma

"Emmma.... DCC" -Jay

"Oh, sh*t." -Emma

Everyone else have a good night?

Great effort James, Those were mint photos.Whats your camera setup?

Lol and I assume you were reasonably sober to have taken those pics haha. I remember talking to Dad in the car....

"So where does your Dad work Jay?" -Dad

"CDC" -Emma

"Emmma.... DCC" -Jay

"Oh, sh*t." -Emma

Everyone else have a good night?

Just a fairly entry level Nikon D40X with Nikkor 18-55mm kit lense and a Velbon CX tripod.

ISO100 and around 8~20 second exposures...this kept noise to a minimum.

Yeah nice photos. Is a pretty common place for car shoots these days. Also around the corner in the fish market as they leave their flood lights on and has ice all over the ground.

My Dad lives in one of the penthouse apartments just down from where you took the photos. Gets a great view of all this sort of stuff.

nice photos bro, i nerly mist my new years spent 2 hours in the jail thing they had at the mount well actly 1 hour 2 min which sucked. but made it out hour before count down. New years eve is all ways the best day of the year ( if you rember all of it haha)

nice photos bro, i nerly mist my new years spent 2 hours in the jail thing they had at the mount well actly 1 hour 2 min which sucked. but made it out hour before count down. New years eve is all ways the best day of the year ( if you rember all of it haha)

Haha so you were one of the 150 naughty people at the mount new years eve.