Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Broken E30 325i

So I have been away overseas and in Coromadle for the last few weeks which I decided to leave my E30 at home during this time. I thought I could trust my mum and sister to start my car most days and take it for a drive so no wierd things happen.

I get home this afternoon and try starting it up and find it wont start.

Its not the battery but when I try to turn the car over ticking sound as if the distributor rotor is jammed or something along those lines.

Im yet to check this, but will have a look once Ive posted this. But just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience and would know what the problem is?

Need urgent help as getting to work tommorow could be interesting.

Cheers

Battery is prob just so dead that it won't crank.

Charge the battery up overnight and see if that works.

Thats what someone else told me, but I mean, all the display lights come on and the radio comes on before I go to turn it on fully, and my alarm usually goes nuts when my battery is dead. But I may be wrong. I have someone comming to have a look/ fix it in a few hours.

I'll let you know the result of that, but if anyone else have any other ideas they are very welcome.

always leave your battery on trickle charge when you go away for longer than a couple of days. or at least disconnect it.

always leave your battery on trickle charge when you go away for longer than a couple of days. or at least disconnect it.

Whats trickle charge?

Whats trickle charge?

using a battery charger that has a low amp charging rate. ie less than 1A. You can buy solar panel charges from places like repco that do this for you.