Sign in to follow this  
matwithe30

those new m3's

i was driving yesterday down the motorway and all of a sudden i check the rear view mirror and there is and angry looking bmw behind me...i thought it must just have a kit on it as i hadnt seen the new m3's in real life. so i pulled into the left lane and he took off and by god it sounded amazing! i managed to catch up to him when he had slown down and told him his car was and i quote "f##kin amazing"

which they truely are.

has anybody driven one? or heard one? i just have a new found love for these machines. my favourite used to be the m6 but after re-thinking....its the e93 m3!

Haha yeah they are amazing. Saw another one last night. Download the Episode 10 of Season 10 of Top Gear. It has a great review of the M3.

Edited by driftit

Doug has (M3_Cab on here), I think his words were similar. omfg, its f**k'n amazing.

Iv'e been in one going flat out round the tuki tuki road. It is a f***ing awesome car!! The sound that v8 makes is so so good

i have driven the one that got written off by the auto car guy, it is unbelievable you think the cars starting to pull hard then look down at the revs and see its only just going past 4k with another 4k to go! very dangerous in the wet aswell :rolleyes:

Edited by 328imobbin

Iv'e been in one going flat out round the tuki tuki road. It is a f***ing awesome car!! The sound that v8 makes is so so good

the sound is like no other....its the most sexual sound from a v8 ever

I actually thought it was a bit average : P

The clutch sucked and had no feel to it and was way too soft .. the steering vague and uninvolving. The rear end far too softly sprung for the amount of weight and torque.

The engine had a nice torque spread but lacked the top end I've read soo much about in the reviews (which was a surprise). The gearbox is definitely an improvement over the old model and had a better action and throw.

The engine noise is average again in my opinion - although an improvement over the tinnie sound of the old S54 and exhaust system.

The brakes are pretty good however and definitely an improvement over the old model in terms of pedal pressure, feel, and bite.

The car does look sexy in person and have about the best and most comfortable seats I've ever sat in a road car. Also the largest steering wheel grip ever made for a road car

Wouldn't buy one to be honest ... especially not for the price range it's pitched at.

Edited by M3_Power

hmmmm.... I might look again at it in a couple of years time when the premium is knocked off them.

Its quite funny at the moment... You can land an e60 m5 for 120k with options! .. thats around 100k off the sticker price! .. I would cry if I bought one new and I lost that much in 2 years.