Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Places to Visit in UK

I am off to UK for a month in May. Also stopover in Singapore on way over and Kuala Lumpur on the way back. At this stage have 'side trips' to Ireland and Paris.

Has anybody got any suggestions of 'Must See' places to go while I'm over there?

Either 'Car related' or not - wifey not so interested in cars :)

Cheers!

The Arsenal !!!!

Although you will seriously struggle to get tickets. Depending on when you are there, there may be a game thats not so popular and there might be the odd one on offer....when I say no so popular there will still be 60k people there.

The Science museum, Natural History museum and the National Art Gallery are all free. Depending on what they are displaying the Victoria and Albert might have something worth going to as well.

At the other end of the scale if your looking for a kebab check out the Nightstar on Holloway Road in Highbury, seriously good kebabs ;-)

If you have time in Singapore make your way to the Long Bar at Raffles and grab a Singapore Sling. Pricey (all booze is in Singapore), but nice to be able to say you've done it.

Once in the UK Chatsworth (big stately home/country park) is worth a look.

Adding to London suggestions, Imperial War Museum is free and fascinating, esp if you are interested in history at all. Tower of London is expensive but worth it.

York is excellent - impressive Cathedral, bizarrely narrow streets, tonnes of history.

Donnington Park. The motorsport museum is great.

Duxford Air Museum.

Punt on the Cam, see the choir at Kings College (Cambridge)

Tower of London.

Silverstone, if there is F1 testing on (it's FREE).

Dublin.

Paris, you need to see Sacre Coeur, the Louvre, Eiffel tower and Arc de Triomphe.

There is heaps to do in anll those places, have fun.

If you're in Kuala Lumpur,

Head towards Bukit Bintang and find out where Jalan Alor is and go eating at night.

There's Low Yat plaza for all electronics and PC gear.

Sungai Wang and Bukit Bintang plaza for clothes, cellphones etc.

Lot 10 for more upmarket stuff.

Shoppers paradise.... your wife will have fun :)

London Eye, Camden Markets, and of course all along Oxford street your Mrs will love. But your pocket wont.

Tower Bridge is right next to the tower of London. Lots of crap to see around that area.

If your going to Paris why not just go a little further and visit Nice and Monaco. You can drive around the famous race track. And being summer there should be craploads of hot chicks and supercars driving around. Just catch a train from Paris.

And dont forget to go to Scotland. Its awesome up there. I did a Haggis Tour which was 6 days. Great fun and lots and lots to see. Have a swim in Loch Ness. I did and went blue.

Oh and the RAF Museum is in North London. Is pretty cool too.

York in England and a soccer match if you like soccer.

London, I took a tour on a double decker red bus - excellent.

A boat tour on the Thames is also good.

The Zoo at singapore is well worth a look as is Raffles

Don't go for a ride on a bike/sidecar thing they charge a small fortune!

Catch the bus to Malaysia for a day.

Edited by braeden.

Spend a day or two in London and walk yourself silly seeing all the sights then get out of the place!

Go see Windsor, Stonehenge, Bath, Stratford, Oxford etc and get in a few castles..Warwick is good. Avoid the warm southern Beer!! head North for a real pint. Yorks very nice.

Get a car and drive into Wales, see the signs change into Welsh!!

In Singapore go shopping on Orchard Road, have a curry in Little India.. eat with the locals. Good food and cheap. Go see a temple in Little India and China Town. Raffles is good, but try across the road at Chijmes an old convent for an evening meal.

From Raffles walk along New bridge road and head to Boat Quay, loads of Bars plus get a River Taxi for $1 to Clarke Quay for more bars/restaurants.

Check out seafood on the East Coast, go have a look at the Fullerton Hotel - the old post office and hop to Sentosa to take a look round Fort Canning... the rest you can skip, although the imported beach is nice.

If your into cameras/Electronics etc go to Sim Lim on Rochor Canal Road and haggle over prices. Or try Paris Silk a small shop in Holland Village... its where all us Westerners hand around...full of expats now :)

Otherwise go to Pasir Ris take a bum boat to Pulau Ubin...how Singapore use to be and bike round the island. If you need someone to show you round shout and I'll get some of my mates to take you out.

In KL...pics of the Twin Towers and keep your money safe! China town market is good ona night for copies of YSL bags etc etc.

Otherwise just enjoy it!

I am off to UK for a month in May. Also stopover in Singapore on way over and Kuala Lumpur on the way back. At this stage have 'side trips' to Ireland and Paris.

Has anybody got any suggestions of 'Must See' places to go while I'm over there?

Either 'Car related' or not - wifey not so interested in cars :)

Cheers!

I second Silverstone , and if no racing is on then I'd recommend the following

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/php/de_ferrari_exp.html

http://www.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/...RODID=361599784

I did this a couple years back in a 355 , I see they have changed it to a 360 now.

Otherwise I thought Edinborough in scottland well work a visit, as was the Imperial war Museum in London

The day tour of London is probably a good start.

Edited by Neal