Sign in to follow this  
Mark

E36 Motorsport replica bumper for sale

Bought this off Trademe last week, but have decided to go with my original plan of fitting a lip to the stock bumper, so now this is surplus to requirements.

I paid $400, reserve is $300. Item in perfect condition and in original packaging, only unpacked once to check bumper was OK after being driven halfway down the country in a big truck!

Trademe Link

Hey,

Was looking at purchasing one of these a while back. Have you had any quotes to have it painted?

Hey,

Was looking at purchasing one of these a while back. Have you had any quotes to have it painted?

Hey mate, only got one quote to have it painted before I decided to go a different route, but it was gonna cost $200 at the most.

Oh hey bro what made u decide on the lip instead? I've been wanting a lip too just cause i kno my car aint no M3 and dont wanna look wannabe.... Thought about getting AC Schnitzer but way too expensive so hit me back if u can find a nice lip and ill do the same!?

<br />Oh hey bro what made u decide on the lip instead? I've been wanting a lip too just cause i kno my car aint no M3 and dont wanna look wannabe.... Thought about getting AC Schnitzer but way too expensive so hit me back if u can find a nice lip and ill do the same!?<br />

I decided to go with the lip cos I wanted to be a little different. I'd always had this plan, but then bought the M3 bumper because I was having such a hard time finding a nice looking lip! However, I came to my senses and realised that even though the M3 bumper would look mint, I'd always be thinking about what the lip would have looked like and then kick myself! :)

So, for the time being I am having the stock bumper re-painted and I'll keep searching for a lip. At the moment my leading choice is the Hartge lip from turnermotorsport.com. Will cost about 5 hundy to land in the country though!

Edited by gannetboy

This bumper is back on Trademe due to the sale falling through.

Ideally I would like someone in Christchurch to buy this.... however, if you wish to ship it to your address you will need to arrange everything.

New link

This bumper is back on Trademe due to the sale falling through.

Ideally I would like someone in Christchurch to buy this.... however, if you wish to ship it to your address you will need to arrange everything.

New link

Sorry to hear it fell through - i was next best bidder too lol! Shame i won't be bidding this time, got a lip for my bumper!

Good luck with the sale tho!

Sorry to hear it fell through - i was next best bidder too lol! Shame i won't be bidding this time, got a lip for my bumper!

Good luck with the sale tho!

Pics of your lip compulsory!

Ok ok! lol. here's 2 crap pics of the car now. I added the m3 style lip and meshed where the foggys were.

post-1740-1204697020_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1204697051_thumb.jpg

Ok ok! lol. here's 2 crap pics of the car now. I added the m3 style lip and meshed where the foggys were.

You already have an Motorsport front bumper.... why would you need mine? Confused! :wacko:

You already have an Motorsport front bumper.... why would you need mine? Confused! :wacko:

Haha, not all is as it seems! lol. It was a normal coupe bumper to start with! I removed the centre grill and replaced with mesh, then added the lip, oh and took out fogs and meshed them too! So its a diy motorsport.....

I'm still confused..... that's definitely an M-tech kit you have on your car..... you even list it in your avatar as an "'96 323i M-Spec coupe". Did you retro-fit the rest of the kit as well?

If you've managed to fabricate a M-spec lookalike front bumper from a non-M bumper you are the man! :D

lol bro, you getting more than you payed for it now!

I'm still confused..... that's definitely an M-tech kit you have on your car..... you even list it in your avatar as an "'96 323i M-Spec coupe". Did you retro-fit the rest of the kit as well?

If you've managed to fabricate a M-spec lookalike front bumper from a non-M bumper you are the man! :D

The car is still m-spec from factory inc front/rear bumpers and sides. It just wasn't optioned with an 'm3' front bumper. I've added a pic of when i first got it with how it was.... and then another of how it looked after i put in the mesh.

post-1740-1204710343_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1204710372_thumb.jpg