Sign in to follow this  
$toffz

Your opinions please

Morning Folks,

Need your wise opinions on a couple of things.

I'm looking at getting some headers from The Red Baron (My car) and these seem to be around $1k.

Found this place online and it looks like you can land an entire exhuast system for around $700.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/catalog/sh..._UPrc30_pg3.htm

What do you think about them? Anything I've missed?

Secondly, my car is a 1987 red e30 325 convertible.

I've been looking around for some nice mags, had my heart set on some nice 16' BBS Rim but just cant bring myself to pay $1.5K for them. To be honest i havent seen anything that looks like it will suite the car.

Anything you folks can suggest?

Thanks for the help.

hey man!

ive got a red 4 door version and i have avanti tourino mags on them. their a lightweight race mag type and they are 5 spoke. they look really good in my opinion but i think nothing can beat a set of crosswires but they will be expensive.

as far as the exhaust it looks ok...but thats not my area of expertise....

hope that semi helps

Those headers will probaly not fit mate because of our cars being RHD and the steering column getting in the way.

Those headers will probaly not fit mate because of our cars being RHD and the steering column getting in the way.

I am pretty sure Brennan has hit the nail on the head, and that these will not fit.

Pretty sure those headers will not fit. However, if you are going to get a set of headers, don't waste you money on anything that does not have equal length downpipes and proper collectors. Gains will not be worth the cost imo.

Good luck with wheels, difficult to find a set that really suits the 'vert. Depends on what look you are after. For the classic look, I think nothing will beat a good set of 16" RS's, but if you want a more sporty or hot-rod look, who knows..?

I have a set of 17" polished AC 5-spoke look alikes on my red e30 vert, I also have a set of 16" RS wheels, I prefer the AC style wheels to the RS wheels.. your choice in the end.

Will

A red car suites shiney wheels quite well. Or if you want to keep that 80's look maybe some smaller two piece wheels. 15 or 16X8 weaved wheels. Or maybe a minilite kind of style.

Thanks folks.

Knew there was a reason for asking you lot :P

16' Basket weaves should be round the $800 mark?

Thanks folks.

Knew there was a reason for asking you lot :P

16' Basket weaves should be round the $800 mark?

Depends what sortof 16x8 weaves you are talking about....16" weaves the same style of the 15" weaves found on m325i's will genereally be the wrong off-set as they will be off a 5, 6 or 7 series. They're prob round the $600-$800 mark.

Whereas 16x8 BBS RS's will be upwards of $3000 if you can find them (in mint condition).....If you find some in average condition the owner prob doesn't know the rarity of the wheels he/she has.

Buy E30-is's 15" BBS RS's he has for sale.... that'd look hot!

Buy E30-is's 15" BBS RS's he has for sale.... that'd look hot!

Yeah buy my BBS RS wheels.