Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

New Member...

Just got an 86 e30 325i, auto

Its not the best but oh well, half the fun doing it up a bit.

Only a couple problems Ive noticed so far, the dashboard doesnt light up very bright at all, all the different gauges light up, its just really dim, and the needle for the temp wiggles round a bit etc.

Also the fuel consumption, it was just on the red light and after about 20 _miles_ of driving the light was on. this normal for it etc?

needs some repainting, and a couple spots rust on its ass removed one day

Also, I dont particularly like the wheels...

i will upload some pictures when the attachment thing starts to work...

pictures are not so great, didnt have much room to take them because of the driveway, someday ill get better ones :P

post-2681-1201075747_thumb.jpg

post-2681-1201075772_thumb.jpg

post-2681-1201075798_thumb.jpg

post-2681-1201075825_thumb.jpg

post-2681-1201075856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ven

Welcome aboard, Theres a lot of E30 knowledge here so you'll get a lot of advice for your project, so just ask away.

Where abouts in NZ are you

Welcome, Engine and bay look good, wheels are worth a bit, don't give them away.

Very nice mate good start, those Hartge wheels are rare and quite sort after so dont let them go cheap

welcome mate. here are a couple of hints

when you turn the lights on turn that knob and the lights on your dashboard should become brighter.

also it is a comon fault for the temprature guage needle to move around. just hit the dash and it will stop moving (that worked in my old car)

Ah thanks for the hint about the dash lights, just went and tried it, felt pretty stupid for not realising it haha.

Also, oh I didnt know anything about the mags, Im quite new to bmws (obviously), thanks for the hints

Hi All.

Just wanted to introduce myself and see whats happening, events, etc

Used to own 1986 manual 535 and now got an E46 M3

Gregory

Hi there myself and my partner are new to this forum site

We've just acquired a 1982 BMW 520i E28, we're both very happy, but there are a few minor things that we need to do to get looking good ie we need to get and install a brand new instrument cluster as i diagnosed that the instrument's weren't doing there job.

that means that i don't have a speedometer,the fuel gauge is inaccurate,the warning lights play stupid games and the needles for the water temp are also inaccurate.

these are the things that are stopping me from getting a WOF

so if there is anyone out with the knowledge please pm me.

the first thing we done to it was put on a set of 16" BMW factory rims for a later model E34

wrapped in 205/55R16 tyre's. so we're one thing at a time

but i'll update once i do other things to our car

i have posted two photo's below the first photo is when we brought it and the second one is when we purchased the rims and had them fitted

Edited by beema dawg