Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Its back and all intact...

The back, which has been repaired, the bumper was naffed along with the metal strip between it and the boot, all resprayed with a superb color match.

post-9-1087618325.jpg

i dunno why i havent got that - looks like a sticker kinda tho, so maybe it got taken off>?

Good shine tho, my car was shiny, but not that shiny the other day.

Cosmos - Everything else is just a colour.

Guest Spargo

\/\/3|r|D my cosmos niggas

Looking awesome. I just spent 4 hours on the beast today. Looks b a d a s s

hay man, that looks sweet! a couple of small points to make it look even better!

1 - pin stripe! lose it! please? look better without! :D

2 - the rear numberplate - take it off and remove the jap spec bracket underneath, drill 2 holes in the suitable place and then stick the numberplat back on. Looks a lot better without 2 big ugly aluminum hook/loop things hanging out underneath!!!

(these are just suggestions, but i feel it would look a lot smoother - ie no pin stripe to break the cosmos colour etc.... oh yeah and big BBS wheels or somthing!! very nice tho!)

:mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :D :D :D

Yea, I'll be ripping those plates off soon and sticking on euro plates. Not too sure on removing the pinstripe but I probably will :D

Not too sure on removing the pinstripe :D

its pretty easy - we removed the pin stripe on my mates cefiro project before we painted it - got strong / long nails? thats all you need man! its time consuming, but worthwhile, but im not sure if its a case of cut n polish the car after removing it or getting the affected parts resprayed. (same as removing a sticker.)

what car dealers do when they get a car that needs part repainted, (ie the lower part of a door) rather than repaint the whole door, they paint part, and put a pinstripe along where the paint edge is so as not to have a noticeable difference in colour. Wankers should just repaint the whole thing in my opinion!!!

Edited by Napier_E36

I did ask when I collected my car from the body shop how much a full respray would cost, and was quoted around $3.5k :( which is a bit more than I expected.

I'll wait til I get my E30 project to an acceptable stage before looking seriously at the E36, but all I can see in its future at the moment is M3 style mirrors, angel eyes and some ACS rims, and getting something done to tidy up the brake calipers a bit.

Trying to spread money around several bmw's is going to be interesting but hey, its worth it :wub:

get rid of the pin stripe.

i had the m3 colours along the side as a pin stripe on mine. riped them off.

they did look cool in a way but it looks even cooler wit them off. sum one photo shop it and show him what it would look like.

watching 'dont menace to south central' fu*kn funny!!!