Sign in to follow this  
togate

D1Spec E36

1994 e36 320i

vogtland coilovers all round - got them from keith (SUSPENSION) on the forum, recommend to everyone.

17x9 15p + 25mm spacers

M3 front bumper + big carbon splitter ordered

pics - with coilovers in will adjust height accordingly once wheels are fitted next week, wont sit this low as im going for a wider tough stance

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

will pull the guards out about another 30mm all round to fit wheels

1JZGTE with R154 Gearbox, single turbo is going to be its new heart

Edited by togate

um dont think so, the guy didn't know about bimmersport when i asked if he knew about the forum etc.

That will look tough! Whats your D1spec engine going to be then?

um dont think so, the guy didn't know about bimmersport when i asked if he knew about the forum etc.

Yea, seen a few similar around. Looks exactly the same.

i am able to get a 1UZFE + turbo conversion for cheap, but am researching a 2jzgte conversion just to see pros + cons

That is f**ken slammed at the front with no kit or anything!

Badass. cant wait.

im going to raise it to accommodate the wheels, theres still another inch and a half i can drop. im not building this to be a slab though. although coilovers make it alot easier + the handling is great.

Edited by togate

You will need to tighten up that sloppy BMW rear end man. And dont even bother drifting on the shitty viscous LSD's. Invest in a mechanical 1.5 or 2 way. It makes it so much more predictable. And with the BMW's being quite snappy in a slide you want them to be more predictable.

Dont bother with the over priced 2jz. Go for a 2nd Gen 1jz. Usually alot cheaper. Make sure you look into where you should mount the motor to avoid unbalancing the front end. Last thing you want is an understeering pig. But the toyota motors are a good choice. A stock 1jz will make you enough power.

You will also have to get some rear and front camber arms. Can you get them for E36?

Brace her up too. Make the rear arms and subframe as hard mounted to the body as possible.

Let me know if you want to borrow the gaurd roller.

you won't need the 25mm spacers. no amount of guard rolling will make those wheels work with the spacers on. :)

you won't need the 25mm spacers. no amount of guard rolling will make those wheels work with the spacers on. :)

I think you'll find they are 25mm "adaptors" (5x120 to 5x114) he is talking about.

And will be a bit more than a 30mm guard "pulling" to fit the wheels, some serious chopping & welding will be needed.

Will be watching with interest!!

i want the wheels to stick out a bit, give it a JDM look. Looked at a 2nd gen 1jz today...not badly priced with 80,xxxks on the clock i may be leaning towards that. i have a r154 gearbox that i was going to use on my old chaser, so could be a good opportunity to use it now.

yes i am going to be using 5x120 - 5x114 25mm adapters. will keep u guys posted.

Edited by togate

I think you'll find they are 25mm "adaptors" (5x120 to 5x114) he is talking about.

And will be a bit more than a 30mm guard "pulling" to fit the wheels, some serious chopping & welding will be needed.

Will be watching with interest!!

sorry my bad....

Would have been a lot easier to run a 5 series offset wheel

I agree re guard "pulling" - my quick guestimations suggest at least 50mm on the front. I too will be watching with interest!!

i want the wheels to stick out a bit, give it a JDM look. Looked at a 2nd gen 1jz today...not badly priced with 80,xxxks on the clock i may be leaning towards that. i have a r154 gearbox that i was going to use on my old chaser, so could be a good opportunity to use it now.

yes i am going to be using 5x120 - 5x114 25mm adapters. will keep u guys posted.

"a bit" will be an under statement LOL

E36's typically run a +42 offset for 17x9's

If you have +15 -25 gives -10 offset, that means the rim alone is sticking out 52mm (+tyres)

Running stock E38 or E39 17x9's will stick out "quite a bit" if that is the look you are after

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but there is extreme and EXTREME!!!

does anyone know where to get a Rieger Infiniti I front bumper from? i prefer it to the m3 bumper.

and was looking at wide body

does anyone know where i can purchase those widebody front and rear guards from the link above from? or are they custom?

Edited by togate

You got the coils off Keith eh?

That is my old car btw... How much for the E46 wheels back? ;P

oh real. yeh i got the them of keith - real good dude to deal with. they should be for sale soon. wheels will be fitted this week. pm me if your interested.

Edited by togate

oh real. yeh i got the them of keith - real good dude to deal with. they should be for sale soon. wheels will be fitted this week. pm me if your interested.

Yeah bro, bought some H&Rs off him on the Monday after you got yours and he told me.

I still remember how much tread was on the rears too ;)

I knew it!!

;) Use to have the Bimmersport.co.nz stickers on both 1/4 panels... then a waterblaster hit them?!