Sign in to follow this  
madracer

new bmw prices

im trying to find out what prices older model bmws sold for when they were new, i have a 98 540 (auto) and im trying to find what the new zealand new price was if you bought it from bmw in 98 or 99.

if anyone could post me a link to a web site or a $$$$number would be greatly appreciated

cheers

stuart

Edited by madracer

1998 list price for 540i SE was $166,000 + ORC + Options

1998 list price for 540i SE was $166,000 + ORC + Options

This price was from the back of an NZ Autocar magazine from mid 1998.

There is (or used to be) a book that was published annually for dealers and other people in the industry. This book, which I can't remember the name of, had all list prices, standard spec, performance figures and part numbers for stuff like oil filters, windscreens etc. I used to love flicking through these when I was a dealer, some of the prices people paid for cars in the early nineties were cripiling! Instead of buying an MB S500 for $300k in 1993, now worth $10k at most, you could have bought two villas in Ponsonby, which would now be worth $800k + each!

This price was from the back of an NZ Autocar magazine from mid 1998.

There is (or used to be) a book that was published annually for dealers and other people in the industry. This book, which I can't remember the name of, had all list prices, standard spec, performance figures and part numbers for stuff like oil filters, windscreens etc. I used to love flicking through these when I was a dealer, some of the prices people paid for cars in the early nineties were cripiling! Instead of buying an MB S500 for $300k in 1993, now worth $10k at most, you could have bought two villas in Ponsonby, which would now be worth $800k + each!

Yeah thats right, Real Estate is REAL-LAND +BUILDING= $$.

yes when i was looking for my 535 i had a chat with a dealer who had an auto one in his yard(he said I would NOT find a manual one) and he looked at some little book and said they cost 125,000 when new....the 535is would have had at least 10,000 worth of options though....This was a little bit more than the little house we bought in Wadestown a couple of years before that....

its quite nice to think that for $20k,ish you can buy a car that was once worth just under $170k with under 70000 ks on the clock.

id hate to be the person on the other side of that tho.