Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

instaling components in e30

hey getting myself another e30 next week. so i pulled out the sounds from the cordia and am going to put them in e30. they consist of head unit 4ch amp 6.0" front speakers with seperate tweeters and a 12"sub.

no rears. dont like rears never have never will.

anyway.

the head unit and amp and sub i can install myself easily enough.

but im not sure on how easy it would b to put the speakers and tweeters in.

does anyone know if i can fit the 6.0" speakers into the kick panels where the old ones went? and where to put the tweeters? as i want to flush mount the tweeters so that requires a 40mm diameter hole.

can anyone help me out here????

cheers oli

A thin 2-3mm spacer (make one out of cardboard if you want) will allow most low-depth woofers to mount in the stock location. you may have to cut the plastic kickpanel to fit over the speaker and use the speaker's own grills. You may also have to trim down the bonnet release lever.

Tweeter will surface mount on the door a-pillar sails, but often sound quite bright there. I have seen tweets flush mounted in the a-pillars themselves but have no idea how much work was involved. you could flush mount them in the dash facing slightly toward the windscreen to create a good soundstage but again a fair bit of work here.

Mine are surface mounted on the a-pillar sails, but there are factory trim panels for here that allow fitment of the factory tweeter from the BMW business radio package which you may be able to mdify to fit aftermarket tweeters. Hard to get though.