Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

Pressure plate bolts

So the time has come (as expected) to replace my clutch, but when I put it together last time I rounded some of those stupid allen head bolts on the pressure plate, advice on removng them??? All my topics seem to be about bolts lol.

Cheers,

Alex.

hit them with a grinder with thin cutting blade and go buy some new ones . the stubs will come out easy once the pressure plate is off . done it before

i used a chizzell to turn mine. or you can whack a bigger sized allenken in it and turn.

So the time has come (as expected) to replace my clutch, but when I put it together last time I rounded some of those stupid allen head bolts on the pressure plate, advice on removng them??? All my topics seem to be about bolts lol.

Cheers,

Alex.

ahh the good old days where i rounded off, well snapped my first pressure plate bolt. i assure you, there are worse bolts, in worse places that you can round off,

rounding off both exaust bolts because they might as well be welded together, then having to attack it with a grinder.

fun fun

and also. last but not least the killer, rounding off your last wheel nut SOME HOW i dont know !!!! as you sit there stranded in the middle of no where with a popped tyre. a wheel nut, how, and why !!!!

how ever, it is good to see another fellow comrade in the same boat

ok why the hell am i up at 3.30 am

oh well im sure this comment has benefited most

Cheers,

Alex.

I drill the heads off any allen cap type bolts, use a drill larger than the thread and stop as soon as the head falls or loosens, easy!

ahh the good old days where i rounded off, well snapped my first pressure plate bolt. i assure you, there are worse bolts, in worse places that you can round off,

rounding off both exaust bolts because they might as well be welded together, then having to attack it with a grinder.

fun fun

and also. last but not least the killer, rounding off your last wheel nut SOME HOW i dont know !!!! as you sit there stranded in the middle of no where with a popped tyre. a wheel nut, how, and why !!!!

how ever, it is good to see another fellow comrade in the same boat

ok why the hell am i up at 3.30 am

oh well im sure this comment has benefited most

ah yes, i've done 2 out of your 3 now, pressure plate bolts dont worry me, had to get the downpipe flange bolts gassed off by pitstop, even a single hex socket failed me, im yet to experience a rounded wheel nut, but with my luck, anything is possible!