Sign in to follow this  
SandaZ

Best company for NZwide shipping?

Hi all

I'm in the process of purchasing some wheels & tires off a guy in Auckland and was wondering if anyone had shopped around as to the best price and service for getting large parts shipped around the country (to Wellingotn in this case). This will need to include any packaging etc. required at the AKLD end to protect them.

Thanks.

Edited by SandaZ

Oooooh what are they ?

Any carrier should be able to do it. I got my Alpinas down here for 50 notes I seem to remember. The seller packed the up for me and stuck them on a pallet.

Oooooh what are they ?

Any carrier should be able to do it. I got my Alpinas down here for 50 notes I seem to remember. The seller packed the up for me and stuck them on a pallet.

I'd be stoked with anything under $200 actually. Do you remember who you got to do it?

The wheels are 19" Hamann PG2s

I'd be stoked with anything under $200 actually. Do you remember who you got to do it?

The wheels are 19" Hamann PG2s

Brent's by any chance?

Ive used Mainfreight before, but the Alpinas were done by the guy in Auckland. What are you doing with your existing wheels ;)

I've sent wheels with tyres down to Wellington at $50 a wheel at Bullet Freight.

It was depo to door, Akl to Wgn.

i use auto parts express , 0800273626 all the wreckers use them . takes parts as they are even windscreens. they only do north island though

i think my 17 in wheels and tyres cost about 80-90 for the four from auckland to welly,,,seller packaged them up I think it was roadstar...

Thanks for your replys :) Will make some calls and see how I get on.

BTW These are not Brent's.

Cheers.

Ok final update on this thread.

I used Autoparts Express to ship the wheels (thanks Brent). They cost 20+GST per wheel making a total of $90 for the 4 from Auckland to Wellington. Great value.

It took a couple of calls to get things sorted with them and they only ship from business to business (no private addresses).

Thanks all for the suggestions. Much appreciated. Cheers.

A bit late now, but I suggest for people to try www.courierconnect.co.nz The cost would have been under $90 as above, however they also allow residential to residential deliveries at no extra cost.