Sign in to follow this  
allan

Rego date/ assemble date

Hi all,

which would you prefer to know, assemble date or rego date. Have been looking over a few car for sale and checking out the Rego date and then assemble dates and some are way off i.e. rego date 2002 month not known, assemble date 06/2001 some closer some further apart what is your opinion?

Hi all,

which would you prefer to know, assemble date or rego date. Have been looking over a few car for sale and checking out the Rego date and then assemble dates and some are way off i.e. rego date 2002 month not known, assemble date 06/2001 some closer some further apart what is your opinion?

If i'm gettingyou right, when cars come from the factory to the car dealer they are not always reg'd straight away, not usually till someone purchaces the vehicle, sometimes the vehicles will sit on the yard for a year for example without being purchaced, when bought the car is reg'd for the year it was bought.

Hope that makes any sense :)

Edited by Greg111

My car's assemble date is 12/1987 (the first of the facelifts) and it wasn't registered until 08/1988.

But I think it may have been a tourist delivery car, which would explain the large gap in between assembly and registration.

The rego date wouldn't bother me unless there was some huge gap between the assembly and rego date which means it's been sitting around for a bit before being sold (which may not matter anyway). In fact lots of people wait till after the end of the year to buy a car so they can register it as say a 2008 car vs 2007, for higher resale value.

Assembly/build date is what will give you info on the car.

desnt worry me in the slightest,the assembly dtae for me is the most important as that has an mpact on parts etc...eg the e 39 facelift .FWIW mine was assembled december 89 sold March 1990