Sign in to follow this  
GH05T

2 Resenators done - but still noisy

Hey guys,

have a 318 E36 - and i have installed a twin pipe euro style exhaust in my car and it was too loud for my liking...

i have gone ahead and installed two brand new resenator's to see if that would reduce the noice level - in away it has reduced it quite a bit - but would like to have it a bit more quiter...

any ideas? Suggestions?

Another mate of mine said 3 resenator's would be ideal - but i wanted to get more suggestions before i go ahead and spend another $140 to install another resenator...

Hoping to hear back from you guys soon...

Thanks heaps - really appreciate it

Hey guys,

have a 318 E36 - and i have installed a twin pipe euro style exhaust in my car and it was too loud for my liking...

i have gone ahead and installed two brand new resenator's to see if that would reduce the noice level - in away it has reduced it quite a bit - but would like to have it a bit more quiter...

any ideas? Suggestions?

Another mate of mine said 3 resenator's would be ideal - but i wanted to get more suggestions before i go ahead and spend another $140 to install another resenator...

Hoping to hear back from you guys soon...

Thanks heaps - really appreciate it

If the rear muffler is a real cheapy and made of thin wall material, its never goin to work. The muffler wall flexes with exhaust gas pulse and causes the noise

If the noise came when you fitted the rear muffler then the rear muffler is the problem ,adding resonators will have about as much effect as changing your hair colour or lipstick shade - ditch the muffler and get a decent one.

+1...absolutely on the nail

put on your factory ditch the cheap1 change the end tips solve all your problems save 140 again