Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

Wanted New Stiff Springs

Tonight I was driving along just crusing at about 40k when BANG! one of my rear tyres burst!

I got an awful fright thought i just drove over some glass but its been scraping on the top (i think) of the shock mount.

The car isnt that low but i was using a badly balanced and heavy double jetski trailer for a while which sagged the rear down a lot. Have since bought a lighter single one which doesnt sag the car down at all.

Now that i have 2 useless tyres i need to get some new ones, the rear wheels are bbs rs 8" wide rims, can i put soe 195 width tyres on ok? and i think just to be safe ill stiffen the rear up, so after some hard-ish springs....

and a word of warning to others i never noticed a sound of rubbing with the rears, id have a check if your car is low! Im lucky this never happened at 100kmh!!!!

Edited by Chris C

good luck with getting 195s on an 8" rim. i would recomend putting kingsprings in all round if you want to do alot of towing. the height you wish the car to sit at is up to you. you can get stock sized springs which will make tha car sit a little higher than stock because of the extra stiffness. or you can get lows which from memory are 40mm lower and 30% stiffer. or superlows which drop your ride about 60mm and are around 40% stiffer.

you will definatly notice a difference with towing if you put kings in. i recomend king springs over other brands because these are generaly more heavy duty and not too expensive.