Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Radiator Part Number

Hey people. Can someone tell me the BMW part number for this Radiator.

The one that shos on RealOEM.com is a little different and does not have the two sensors up the top.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=17&fg=05

I have two of these. Both stuffed <_< one for an auto and one for a manual. Am looking at buying them new through BMW for my race series car.

Posted Image

Thanks for the offer Glenn. I checked the post too late though. Picked up two brand new aftermarket E30 radiators with metal tanks for $300 each. These can be fixed easily if something goes wrong. Not like the useless stock ones that are crimped plastic tanks.

Thanks for the offer Glenn. I checked the post too late though. Picked up two brand new aftermarket E30 radiators with metal tanks for $300 each. These can be fixed easily if something goes wrong. Not like the useless stock ones that are crimped plastic tanks.

Thats what I was goin to suggest...go metal

$300 is a good price

Yeah got them from Pakuranga Radiators. Just of Ben Lomond drive. They certainly know their stuff. Think I got the last two from their supplier though. Had alot of trouble finding them. Obviously due to the Race series. Mine are both Auto ones. But makes no difference.

Here you go. Fitted in easier than the stock one did. The fan shroud mounts at the bottom are ok. But could be moved up a little. Test fit the shroud before you install. And of course you do not need to take off the viscous fan which is great.

Posted Image

Edited by driftit

Pretty damn good price.

You buy 2 as stocks were low?! Or one for the daily?

Well after I put the daily into a ditch I quickly found how weak the stock radiator is. Just a little twist and she leaks from everywhere.

And god I wish that bloody radiator hose wasn't next to the toothed demon alternator. Both my E30s have had a munch on that hose now.

And god I wish that bloody radiator hose wasn't next to the toothed demon alternator. Both my E30s have had a munch on that hose now.

There is a 'Z' shaped bracket you should have to hold that hose away from the alternator, it is mounted to the chassis rail and holds the hose close to the rail and away from the beasty alternator.

Will

I cracked up when I saw the sig Will! 327 eater defiantly ugly

Yeah I have the bracket. Just dont trust it. When I went into the ditch I caught my lower rad support. Slightly bent and the hose had nowhere to go but into the alternator. Could have driven home if it hadnt done that.

I cracked up when I saw the sig Will! 327 eater defiantly ugly

327 eater is a MACHINE!!!! Can bounce off the rev-limiter for VERY long periods and survive..!! :P

Yeah I have the bracket.

Would suggest you do something to secure the hose back if you don't want to use the bracket. Maybe also wrap the hose at that point of impact with a piece of thin sheet allie/tin/plastic??

Another alternative is to convert to the F/L system where the hose is well clear of pulleys, but that would need new rad, w/pump and hoses.

Will

327 eater is a MACHINE!!!! Can bounce off the rev-limiter for VERY long periods and survive..!! :P

Will

I read all about it man looked awesome