Sign in to follow this  
keegan13

Mags for E36

Hey guys,

Just wanting to know if either these mags will fit on my 97 e36 sedan. My car is blue and think these will look all good. I will be lowering it to around 80mm off the ground so want to know if these will fit...prefer 19z over the 18z listed but i dont know if the will fit without rubbin' and if the offset right ive read on here that 35 offset is the best?? Check these out and get back to me on these and other options of where to get mags?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=139816186

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-139955316.htm

Cheers.

mines on 19s with a 38 or 40p offset i think no rubbing while driving but depends how low you run the car

Edited by Pboy

Ill go with the 19" if I was you, I know there is quite a price jump and there will be on the tires but your car should look dope as once its lowered with them...

As with the offsets, 35 is the correct offset for E36s...but lowering 80mm may give you mild rub.

I am running 18X7.5 with 225/40 and lowered 70mm front and 80mm rears accoring to the measurements of Pboy, I rub the inner plastics on full steer or near full steer and slight rub on the rear inner guards with people sitting in the back at turns but nothing enough to chew the tires...

Edited by international

Generally you cant say there is a standard offset for a car- its dependent on rim width. (The wider you go the more critical it is)

This is certainly the case with the e30's and I'm assuming that e36s or any other car should be any different. Basically if you going to give advice about offsets also give the rim width that offset is suited for.

In extreme cases you'll also need to give tyres sizes, this also has an effect on what offset you can get away with.

I'd just hate to see someone buy some wheels and then find that they didn't fit properly.

Edited by Mike

That's what spacers are for :)

spacers can't help if you get to low an offset, not to mention that they need a cert which is an extra $300

I'd rather know I was buying the right wheels for the right car B)

Edited by Mike

spacers can't help if you get to low an offset, not to mention that they need a cert which is an extra $300

I'd rather know I was buying the right wheels for the right car B)

I agree with Mike. Try to get wheels meant for your car in the first place. Less hassle and less worries in terms of safety and failing inspections.

Ill go with the 19" if I was you, I know there is quite a price jump and there will be on the tires but your car should look dope as once its lowered with them...

As with the offsets, 35 is the correct offset for E36s...but lowering 80mm may give you mild rub.

I am running 18X7.5 with 225/40 and lowered 70mm front and 80mm rears accoring to the measurements of Pboy, I rub the inner plastics on full steer or near full steer and slight rub on the rear inner guards with people sitting in the back at turns but nothing enough to chew the tires...

stating 35 is the correct is simplifying things a little too much. It also comes down to the width of the wheel combined with the offset. The wider your wheel the higher offset you need to run. A 7.5 @ 35ET will not rub provided you use the correct upsize tyre, however if you run an 8.5@35ET you will need to roll the rear guards slightly if the car has been lowered. If you also lowere your car substantially IE lower than 100mm off the ground expect trouble. Take a look at the angle of the driveshafts for one, also expect huge camber wear on the rear etc. It has all been said here before, and us older people on here (I'm 32) do actually know what we are talking about. :)

Edited by zenetti

Nope - 32 is the peak.

I turn 33 next month and can already feel I'm losing my mental capacity, ability to reason, and general knowledge.

Like the guys above say - offset is kinda a meaningless without reference to rim width and/or tyre width.

Yeh i want the 19z but only if they gonna fit aye he said he would get back to me what the offset of the 19z were but now the auction is gone??? Hopefully it gets relisted so i can find out the info i need to, to see if they will fit.Will go into see mag and tire directs range when i get some time too.

Any replica BMW wheels WILL NOT be relisted on Trade Me, they are having a BIG BIG crack down on replica stuff at the moment. Part of TM's terms and conditions is that you are not allowed to sell fake, replica or pirated good's.

Any replica BMW wheels WILL NOT be relisted on Trade Me, they are having a BIG BIG crack down on replica stuff at the moment. Part of TM's terms and conditions is that you are not allowed to sell fake, replica or pirated good's.

even if you state they ARE replicas?Is this driven by safety concerns or is it the OEM companies ?Who are "they"

they = Trade Me, by stating they are replica's you are breaking Trade Me's terms and conditions. Replica wheels are deemed to be fake items and are not allowed to be sold on Trade Me. We have been caught out and have been discussing the issue. Trade Me have cited safety concerns - we rebuted this by showing them they meet all relevant safety standards, however they(Trade Me) are black and white on the issue, if we list any more we will have our account removed! Luckily the members on here are not quite so pedantic and will (hopefully) buy from us!

Edited by zenetti