Sign in to follow this  
eef48

E46 strut brace installation

Can any one tell me when fitting a strut brace what tourqe settings should be used on the tower nuts and if the original nuts can be used or should I use a larger diameter nut?

What type of strut is it ? 3 bolt top mount type or a the "L" shaped bracket push strut mount type.

If your not too sure, tighten it till it bites then give it another half ish turn till it feels right.

sorry I've just added a strut brace to my e46 and I used this method ... and it still good after a week :)

you can always recheck it .

Mine is a AC Schnitzer style brace.

Quite interesting the difference it made, feels slightly more go cart. Mind you I'm running eibach sway bars and coil overs.

What type of strut is it ? 3 bolt top mount type or a the "L" shaped bracket push strut mount type.

If your not too sure, tighten it till it bites then give it another half ish turn till it feels right.

sorry I've just added a strut brace to my e46 and I used this method ... and it still good after a week :)

you can always recheck it .

Mine is a AC Schnitzer style brace.

Quite interesting the difference it made, feels slightly more go cart. Mind you I'm running eibach sway bars and coil overs.

I brought the last remaining strut brace off mike so Im guessing its the same as yours.

I havn't received it yet.Expecting it next week on courier.Are you happy with yours?

yeah its ok ... Just becareful with tightening the bolts.

its not as ridged as a CF one but you do notice a slight difference certainly in hard cornering .. the car turns in and feels more go cart.