Sign in to follow this  
Apex

E30 steering wheels??

Having just sold a Momo as it was too small I am now looking for something factory but sporty to replace it, do E36 steering wheels fit?? What options are there? I like the M-Tec II wheel but it seems they are like rocking horse poo’s.

The one on it is a non Mtec tri spoke that looks as if the leather has come off.

Thanks

Having just sold a Momo as it was too small I am now looking for something factory but sporty to replace it, do E36 steering wheels fit?? What options are there? I like the M-Tec II wheel but it seems they are like rocking horse poo’s.

The one on it is a non Mtec tri spoke that looks as if the leather has come off.

Thanks

Did you try and price new from Euro italian??Just wondered if viable depending on price.

Did you try and price new from Euro italian??Just wondered if viable depending on price.

They sell steering wheels?!?!

The bosses on the E36 differ... but apparently you can get an E30 standard one, unbolt it, slightly mod the E36 wheel (with the boss out) and it'll work.

I've had a look at doing it... doesn't seem hard. Probably an hour to have it in your car?

They sell steering wheels?!?!

You can buy virtually any part new,price up M-Tech 2.

Thanks guys, I will give them a go. A guy in the USA has a couple of MtecII wheels on E-Bay, recovered hand stitched leather with the three M colours, NZ$500+ postage.

Thanks guys, I will give them a go. A guy in the USA has a couple of MtecII wheels on E-Bay, recovered hand stitched leather with the three M colours, NZ$500+ postage.

Pricey,interested in the new price when you find out.

Whoa! $500+ I may be interested where you source them from also at the right price.

BTW, what kinda steering wheel is this?

post-1431-1203325418_thumb.jpg

Whoa! $500+ I may be interested where you source them from also at the right price.

post-1431-1203325418_thumb.jpg

I don’t know but that’s the wheel on that’s on my car only the leather has come off. Is that your factory wheel? I need to find the part # for the MtecII wheel and then I can get a price.

This is the desired wheel. Im not sure what model it came on as I have seen them on E34’s and E30 M3’s covered in either leather or suede on the M3 Evo

Posted Image

Thats a SE steering wheel. Id proberbly go for a nice Mtech 1 Steering wheel they are still quite easily obtainable.

But I have seen some people put in a certain E34 steering whell which I think looks real good, Think it may have been in one of Gus' cars if anoyne knows which steering wheel it was I'd like to know!

Edited by RJS

I don’t know but that’s the wheel on that’s on my car only the leather has come off. Is that your factory wheel? I need to find the part # for the MtecII wheel and then I can get a price.

This is the desired wheel. Im not sure what model it came on as I have seen them on E34’s and E30 M3’s covered in either leather or suede on the M3 Evo

Posted Image

Some early E36's came with it too, dont know if you can still use the ones from E36's though, I did once toy with the idea of a E36 steering wheel but I dont think many people have bothered to try so gave up pretty easily

I bought in an MTech 2 wheel last year for $580 (had someone bring over in suitcase so allow for postage) through www.C3BMW.co.uk. Well worth it such a nice looking wheel. Then got carried away and bought the suede version for the M3 that was a little more pricey

Something to watch is that there are two diameters of Mtech II wheel around - smaller ones came on (amongst other things) late E30 M325i's, larger ones were on E34's I think.

Very nice wheel to use, mine was a bit worn but still felt fantastic. They clean up well with leather repair product too.

RealOEM has part numbers:

370mm: 32332226086

385mm: 32332226085

Suede: 32332226808 (listed as M3 Sport Evo specific, so I presume the suede wheel)

Us dollar prices are listed as about $440 for all.

Anyone know what a standard M Tech 1 steering wheel goes for these days?