Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

New Dude

Gidday, have brought a 1990 e34 535is, was off Mark a guy from on here. Have owned one before, this one is currently getting pimped...Bilsteins and Apex 40mm non progressive springs going in tomorrow, Alpina chip in yesterday, K@N, tappits noisey so setting those set. Headers on the way with total exhaust rebuild. Other than that gonna do a complete service of all fluids, plugs, leads. My mechanic who also will build the exhaust is a close mate, hes an old skool guru mechanic that is a master, hes got quite a few cars, one a 94 e34 540is, mint, lowered on adjustables, handbuilt german exhaust, chipped, headers, its such a mean car. Anyway, cant wait to get mine sorted, just a nice car.

Welcome Aaron,

Keep us posted with pics. Sounds great!

Hey Aaron, pics is always a must haha, welcome btw.

Welcome Aaron :)

currently getting pimped

You scared me for a moment there, I thought that mint E34 was getting SLAB'd! Glad to see you're doing it right, it's a beautiful car.

Hi fellow M30 powered E34, interested in your exhaust upgrade for ideas etc.Welcome to Bimmersport.

Bilsteins and springs are in and has transformed the car. Handles very well now. Next is engine service and exhaust. From headers will run 2 pipes till rear of gearbox then into resonator then single pipe to rear of car and into high qual muffler. Will take some pics in the next few days.

Sounds interesting, look forward to some pics.

what sort of headers are getting(got).Be aware that many header systems will not fit RHD cars,cos the steering box is in the way.

Welcome mate! Sounds like a nice car :)

Hey Aaron. Did the chip make a noticable difference?

Gidday Mark, has made car rev better and seems smoother but have been talking to a guy on here with the same car and are gonna do an intake mod which should imrove even more. Have done the suspension and she sits about 25mm lower and now handles awesome. They were the original struts in the car, which is good really, my mech says it shows car has never had a shunt that affected any corner. He could tell that the suspension has never been apart since new. Sevice this week with tappets being set and k@n filter goin in. Then tints, then exhaust. Its gonna be a nice toy, especially as its not a daily driver.

i wouldnt do the K and N....stock set up not restrictive and very effective at CLEANING the air..your call of course,my 2c,sorry 10c

i wouldnt do the K and N....stock set up not restrictive and very effective at CLEANING the air..your call of course,my 2c,sorry 10c

Yeah have read the pros and cons about both filters and with amount of air filtration but have had identical car and was happy with previous cars results with the k@n panel. Still, ill keep my mits on the factory one.

Aaron are you in Auckland? Not sure if it was your car I saw last week, at the traffic lights waiting to turn onto Ti Rakau Drive. It was a red E34 with BBS wheels.

Gidday Mark, has made car rev better and seems smoother but have been talking to a guy on here with the same car and are gonna do an intake mod which should imrove even more. Have done the suspension and she sits about 25mm lower and now handles awesome. They were the original struts in the car, which is good really, my mech says it shows car has never had a shunt that affected any corner. He could tell that the suspension has never been apart since new. Sevice this week with tappets being set and k@n filter goin in. Then tints, then exhaust. Its gonna be a nice toy, especially as its not a daily driver.

Dude, sounds like it going to be a much cooler ride than it already was....Good on ya. Look forward to seeing it all done next time in Auckland!!

Aaron are you in Auckland? Not sure if it was your car I saw last week, at the traffic lights waiting to turn onto Ti Rakau Drive. It was a red E34 with BBS wheels.

Yeah im on the Shore, wasnt me though. Mine has the BBS wheels, must be my twin.