Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

1995 E36 M3 3.0L

That's quite a bit of money to spend on a car you don't own yet, was just thinking that when the airbag light came on in my old Z3 it was around the $1500 mark to fix, again up to you, looks nice though.

Edited by Greg111

Use it to levrage tha price down by $4-5K ??

Yeh, that is my plan ay.

I got advice from my current BMW mechanic and CHC BMW. Both said all the faults were mainly wear and tear and relatively straight forward but needed to be attended to.

They both stated that the parcel tray tampering and airbag issue could cost quite a bit!

All in all, they said the car seemed ok and the faults were nothing out of the ordinary for a 1994 car.

I faxed a copy of the report to the dealer and will start to re-negotiate. I suspect he probably won't accept the current offer I have in mind as he probably will find some idiot that will snap it up....

Anyhow, seems like my dream might have to wait a bit longer but you never know.

Will keep you guys posted.

I'm also impressed with the report, it's very thorough and will definitely serve as leverage for bargaining. In that sense the report can be an investment. A few of the problems are common E36 problems and have DIY fixes. But the others will cost a bit.

Good luck, don't pay any more than what you think the car is worth. You will find the right car, it's just a matter of time.

Well just got off the phone with the dealer and he is happy to re-negotiate the deal. I think he might opt to fix the faults rather than give me more cash, we will see.

I also had a good yarn to Guido (guy who did report) and he suggested that if the wear and tear faults are repaired it will be quite a good car. He mentioned he did a report for a similar M3 today and that "my one" ran much better as you would expect from a car that has done only 80,000km.

So all is not lost just yet... I guess the ball is in the dealers court now.

....arab waits..... <_<

How will you know that everything's been attended to? Unless he goes to the workshop you used to do the inspection?

Is it just me, from TM's photo the engine was running a wee bit hot?

Is it just me, from TM's photo the engine was running a wee bit hot?

It's the angle from which the photo was taken, would be dead centre viewed straight on.

Go for it dude, I spent 6 months being poor to save to buy my car and don't regret it. Most of those things are just wear and tear which I'm sure you'd encounter on almost every M3. Plus you can fix most of them yourself if you want. The OBC - forget about it. They're pointless, I've never used mine. Try to leverage as much off the price as you can though. It has done hardly any K's which is a realllly good thing. Plus, IMO it's the best looking car in the world (looks exactly the same as mine :)).

And mine :D .......but yellow B)

Go for it dude, I spent 6 months being poor to save to buy my car and don't regret it. Most of those things are just wear and tear which I'm sure you'd encounter on almost every M3. Plus you can fix most of them yourself if you want. The OBC - forget about it. They're pointless, I've never used mine. Try to leverage as much off the price as you can though. It has done hardly any K's which is a realllly good thing. Plus, IMO it's the best looking car in the world (looks exactly the same as mine :)).

Hehe... thanks man, gave me a real boost :P.

I saw you out in town last night, fark it was insane in Chch!

Anyhow, yet to see what he has to say but hopefully will be a goer.

Hehe... thanks man, gave me a real boost :P.

I saw you out in town last night, fark it was insane in Chch!

Anyhow, yet to see what he has to say but hopefully will be a goer.

Haha yeah it was pretty insane, was a bad idea to go for a drive around the block, ended up being a 40 minute trip due to traffic :|. Only saw one bimmer :(.

Hope it all works out, flooring it in 1st gear for the first time will definably put a smile on your face that will last a while :P.