Sign in to follow this  
mops

WTB: open medium case differential (NON-LSD)

As title and description says, I'm after a stock differential in preferably good condition , with 3.25 or 3.46 ratio.

I want the NON-LSD unit, i.e. stock open diff. Ideally auckland pickup...

i have some , for what model , e30 or e36 , e28 etc .

i have some , for what model , e30 or e36 , e28 etc .

hey brent.

I did some research and as far as I can find, all medium case diffs are the same, and just have different backplate between various models.... can have a look and confirm please? how much would you want for one anyways ? I kinda need it asap.

hey brent.

I did some research and as far as I can find, all medium case diffs are the same, and just have different backplate between various models.... can have a look and confirm please? how much would you want for one anyways ? I kinda need it asap.

No they are not

E30 & E36 are very different in their front mounting positions on the body of the diff as well as having different rear plates.

yes e30 and e36 do have different front mount castings , old e28 use similer case to e30 . but you can take the gears from one newer casing and fit to old type etc .

yes e30 and e36 do have different front mount castings , old e28 use similer case to e30 . but you can take the gears from one newer casing and fit to old type etc .

so i'm a bit lost here. you you are saying e36 might diff will not fit into e30, but e28 medium case will ?

how much are you after for that e28 3.46 one ?

I think 325i's auto's had factory 3.46 diffs.

yes he is, the E36 diff will not fit an E30, but the E28 diff will, so long as you change the back plate and the output shafts. This is an easy thing to do, the back plate is just unbolt and bolt up, and the output shafts are just lever out and push in. The other options are the E23 and E24 diffs, same story as the E28.