Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Insane audi crash

You've got to feel sorry for two ppl here, the person who found the the crash and the passenger as he/she was a victim who was probably feeling uncomfortable with the speed that the driver was going...

that is freaky! must of hit REALLY hard to split a car in half!!!

I think that car was faulty, like two halves of a car welded together... i mean for f**ks sake the trees still standing! Pretty grousom, feel sorry for the passenger. :puke:

I think that car was faulty, like two halves of a car welded together... i mean for f**ks sake the trees still standing! Pretty grousom, feel sorry for the passenger. :puke:

Trees are significantly more solid than a car, so the Audi would easily be split in two by a tree, with the tree still standing.

I have seen an accident similar in the flesh. Not pretty, the car was split completely in two.

Cheers

Houses are made from wood and they're pretty tough so you gotta think a tree would be kinda tougher...at any rate, that car must have slid into that tree perfectly sideways and with some force to split it perfectly in half - you also have to admit that those trees are bloody close to the road aswell - driver error???

Houses are made from wood and they're pretty tough so you gotta think a tree would be kinda tougher...at any rate, that car must have slid into that tree perfectly sideways and with some force to split it perfectly in half - you also have to admit that those trees are bloody close to the road aswell - driver error???

Sounds like a typical idiot driving too fast, and thinking that they are a better driver than they really are.

A good reason why street racing is a dumb idea, and the reason why there are race tracks.

Cheers

Guest WAGON

hhhmmmmmm *note to self never drive over 30k again*

:drugs: :drugs: :drugs: :drugs:

seen it.

looks like a set up to me, why is there no hacked up ground where the car has slid on?... hmm yes.

i say BS

I'm bored witless again so here's my onion:

You'd have to be fairly good and want to spend hours to doctor these photos so it's quite possible that there wouldn't have been any slide marks left behind because if the car was travelling at speed then it probably wasn't attached to the ground as it struck the tree, if it did indeed hit the tree perfectly side on the majority of the minor items in the car through their own momentum would've carried on in the forward direction while the chasis of the car bore the impact and displaced it while simultaneously sliding up part of the tree as it bent and snapped in two and reducing the momentum of the chasis to near 0kph. Given that the two pieces of the car had wheels still attached and judging by the pics still in tact, those wheels wouldn't have left much but roll marks...

Anyone else want venture an opinion?

yeah i read in another thread about the same crash the car was airborne when it hit the tree, which also is partly why it separated in half as there was no road contact to help slow it down....nasty stuff......

the car was airborne when it hit the tree

well that would explain a lot - i was thinking it would have to have been airborne. And as for the tree - trees are bloody hard objects - you ever tried cutting one up with a chainsaw and axe? hardwork - esp when you try cutting thru - which is in effect what the audi was doing. That is also quite a round tree - would have been at least half the width of the door (probably more) and the car would have hit with such force that it simply smashed! out of it sh*t - poor passenger!

i could see how it would be airborne too - most roads drop down at the edge. so if he went off the road sliding at 200k or more it wouldnt have gone straight down - does a plate fall straight down when you slide it across a table? the driver was an idiot!

Talk about falling straight down and driver error - did you guys see that car accident the other week when that little mitsi went off the cliff and down 140 metres into the river with 4 ppl in it??? Now that was a drop, imagine being a passenger in that, you'd have like what 3 seconds to remember your life story...the passenger in this car above probably didn't even have time to see the tree - which is worse???

This is entirely possible. A very good friend of mine had a crash very similar

to this one a few years back pretty funny story actually.

This friend and his mate were stropping out in his TX3i (pretty grunty lil car back then) goin about 180km/h or there abouts coming home from a party a lil pissed and on a really shitty night. They all of a sudden come to a Y junction where if you turn right the road is cambered enough to take at that kinda speed, but for some reason he turns left.

The car gets airborne so his only reaction is to hit the brakes and pull the handbrake and hold on. Somehow the car bounced up and hit a tree going backwards ripping the front of the car off from the dashboard forward leaving the drivers compartment pretty intact except for no pedals and no dash.

They both wake up still in the back part of the car with the front half about 20-30m away (apparently with the lights still going) pointing back at them.

Both walked away unscathed. VERY lucky indeed.

This is no BS I have seen the newspaper arcticle and photos etc, the only thing possibly diputable is whether the light were still going which I guess is possible but far fetched.

So moral of the story is TREE is harder than CAR EVERYTIME. :banghead:

Advokit,

Did that happen on the outskirts of Cambridge (on the road to Lake Karapiro)? That sounds very similar to the one I saw the aftermath of the accident I saw.

Cheers

:rolleyes: no one is looking how everything is just placed there, a torn chassis going 200+km (as they say) wont go from 200 - 0kn and if it was airborne then there would be at least dents in the soil.. nothing, the torn chassis would have at least dug into the ground when it "rolled" in the in tact wheels.

some are always blind to the truth

portugal (sp)

There's some more crash pics if you scroll on through the thread...

Here some others from that thread...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ///Carl

Guest Spargo

Rampant fake, now that i think about it

No dirt on any of the parts, no marks after the car would have dug in, everything is placed.

200K's off a tree and the the car stops just 20m further away? Please, thats 3rd form physics.

BS :thumbsdown:

Who knows what speed or what happened or if this is true or not. At any rate, it's possible that this did happen and if this was faked then whoever did it must be exetremely talented. It still highlights that passengers get a raw deal.

unless they have moved the car parts after the crash...entirely possible....

It still highlights that passengers get a raw deal.

you got that right!! passengers and innocent drivers that get caught up in someone elses f**k ups!!