Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

Build Sheet Codes

Hey all,

Recently when i had the back seats out I found my build sheet stapled up under there.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the different codes mean, I had a bit of a google search and couldnt find anything definitive, mainly just people comparing buildsheets and guessing what the codes meant depending on common options etc between themselves.

According to my build sheet my car was finished(Im assuming its the time it was finished) at 6.13am on the 27th of November 1986. Just thought it was (kinda) interesting to know exact times etc haha.

The different build codes I have are : 0201, 0215, 0300, 0311, 0350, 0400, 0497, 0812, 0850.

Any help will be appreciated, although its not like i desperately need to know, Im just curious...

Thanks

Interesting, i've never looked to be honest, might go have a peek.

Yeah mine was just folded up and stapled into a groove on the underside of the back seat.

Really, was it not a metal plate?

No, most cars are delivered with the buildsheet hidden somewhere in the car. I'll see if I can find the 1 I got from BMW.

Found it.

540options.pdf

Edited by Cain

I decided to scan mine in just then, along with another strange sheet that i found glued to the back of the back part of the rear seats, I have no clue whatsoever what it is...

My buildsheet is quite different to Cains one posted above, Its an old school dot matrix printed one on the paper with the holes along the sides and is all in german with no explanation of the codes...The scan looks a tad CG for some reason, to me anyway...

post-2681-1204953514_thumb.jpg

Cost me nothing. But I had a pretty good relationship with their service department back then.

Did some research on this a while back trying to find out what's on my car. Found a list and made into Excel sheet.

I can't seem to upload it, so if you are interested, give me a PM with your e-mail addy. I'll send that through.

Did some research on this a while back trying to find out what's on my car. Found a list and made into Excel sheet.

I can't seem to upload it, so if you are interested, give me a PM with your e-mail addy. I'll send that through.

Thanks for sending that through.

From the information on the spreadsheets, It seems my cars been changed around a bit since it left the factory...

0201 - Seed-Oil Methylester - Version RME - I have no clue what that is or means...

0215 - Power Steering, Variable ratio - Variable ratio?

0300 - Central Interlocking, Electrical

0311 - BMW Light Alloy Wheel / Star Spoke 69 Brilliantine - Mine has the Hartge 15x7's on there

0350 - Tinted Glass Green - I havent noticed a green tint to my glass?

0400 - Sliding Lifting Roof Manual

0497 - Rear Center Armrest

0812 - England Export

0850 - Additional Fuel tank - I dont have one

Id like to find out mine, I might ask next time Im at work, I know with all the new BMW's these sheets come in the glove box and i always just throw them away... my bad

I used to have the pdf with all of the codes on but I can't seem to find it.. I'll post it for everyones reference if I do find it.

The green tint in the glass is probably referring to the tint across the top of the windscreen, not the entire windscreen.

Mine was referred to as Green stripe windscreen.

Also the additional tank is a fuel fill for export. Have a read of mine versus whatever spreadsheet you are reading from. Maybe the German's lost a little in translation.

Edited by Cain

Here we go:

optioncodes.pdf

According to those numbers my car has 3 sets of alloy wheels?

But I translated what I have using my 4th form German skills (Damn internet translators never work, I had to bring out the old german dictionary).

199 EQUIPMENT FOR LEADED FUEL

286 BMW LM RAD/BMW STYLING 14" Basketweaves - even though I bought it with 15"s

300 ZENTRALVERRIEGELUNG ELEKTRISCH Electrical Central Locking

311 ELEKTRISCHER BEIFAHRERSPIEGEL Electric Adjustable Mirrors.

350 WAERMESCHUTZGLAS GRUEN, RUNDUM Green Tint Glass (Shade band)

361 AUSSTELLFENSTER, HINTEN Rear Display(?) Windows - Rear pop-out windows?

400 SLIDING SUNROOF MANUAL

548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING

682 RADIOANTENNE AUTOMATISCH Automatic Antenna

687 RADIO PREPARATION

806 Neuseeland Ausfuehrung New Zealand Export

850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT

Thanks for sending that through.

From the information on the spreadsheets, It seems my cars been changed around a bit since it left the factory...

0201 - Seed-Oil Methylester - Version RME - I have no clue what that is or means...

0215 - Power Steering, Variable ratio - Variable ratio?

0300 - Central Interlocking, Electrical

0311 - BMW Light Alloy Wheel / Star Spoke 69 Brilliantine - Mine has the Hartge 15x7's on there

0350 - Tinted Glass Green - I havent noticed a green tint to my glass?

0400 - Sliding Lifting Roof Manual

0497 - Rear Center Armrest

0812 - England Export

0850 - Additional Fuel tank - I dont have one

I think you will find all E30's have a tint - either brown or green although only subtle

BTW Cheers Cain for the info - very interesting

Edited by hotwire