Sign in to follow this  
Infestus

E30 new springs.

Keep or lose the mud flaps?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just got some new springs for my E30 and thought I might stick some photos on here. Doesnt bounce at all and still handles fine.

Some of you might like it, some of you might hate it, tell me what you think but I love it.

Oliver

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Oliver

nice just needs to come down a bit more at the front.. and loose those flaps :P

Yea might bring it down abit more, the guy who compressed my springs said he could put it lower for me for free if I wasnt happy with it, I really recommend NZ Spring Works in lowerhutt the guy there seems to know his stuff and he only charges $180 for all 4 springs, only takes him about an hour as well.

so how much did you get them compressed from standard height?

so how much did you get them compressed from standard height?

They are 70mm at the back at 65 at the front.

O yea and Ive taken off the flaps, it looks much better, found a bit of rust under one though so ill have to get onto that. Just gotta find somone to mix me up some matched hennarot paint.

damn the flaps are awesome! put them back on

Flaps own man why would you take them off? Peer pressure FTL

Well done bro, hit some photos up with out them mud flaps.

Gues the back isnt captive?

how come you didnt go 90mm

They are 70mm at the back at 65 at the front.

70mm is a huge drop for an e30 in the rear, can you post up the alignment specs?

just wondering why you went more at the back than the front, most people do the opposite if anything.

Edited by Mike

yo, y am i an idiot? just asking him, as he first mentioned to me he wanted to, and just asking simple question what happend

Well done bro, hit some photos up with out them mud flaps.

Gues the back isnt captive?

how come you didnt go 90mm

Posted Image

Thats with no flaps, the back is pretty captive, didnt go 90mm because the guy at NZ spring works said that the rear stock e30 springs shouldnt be compressed any more then 70mm, am glad I didnt go 90mm because even with 70mm my exhaust where it goes under the diff scrapes on little bumps.

70mm is a huge drop for an e30 in the rear, can you post up the alignment specs?

just wondering why you went more at the back than the front, most people do the opposite if anything.

When I got the car the back seamed to sit higher then the front on the stock springs, also I wanted to keep issues with the sump and steering down as low as possible with this ride hight. What do you mean by alignment specs?

thats a nice height looking good man , i really dig those tsws on e30s

What do you mean by alignment specs?

The results from the wheel alignment? Its pretty standard to get one after pulling half your suspension out, let alone changing the ride hieght by such a huge amount.

Edited by Mike

The results from the wheel alignment? Its pretty standard to get one after pulling half your suspension out, let alone changing the ride hieght by such a huge amount.

O yea, I havent got round to getting an alignment yet, might get one tommrrow, will post the specs when I get it.

O yea, I havent got round to getting an alignment yet, might get one tommrrow, will post the specs when I get it.

Might pay to think about what you are going to do to correct your camber as well as that is going to be way out. There are some other posts about this topic on the board somewhere. By the way im looking for some rear mudflap mounting brackets for a pre f/l E30 - if you want to sell yours, plz pm me.

Edited by ducatiss

Might pay to think about what you are going to do to correct your camber as well as that is going to be way out. There are some other posts about this topic on the board somewhere. By the way im looking for some rear mudflap mounting brackets for a pre f/l E30 - if you want to sell yours, plz pm me.

Yea, the camber doesnt look too bad though, am still thinking weather or not to keep the mud flaps, will pm you in a week or something.